Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Blue? Hard for me to tell.... they don't look like mine do.. Maybe it is the angle of the pics.

These were splash

These are blue

These are black

Group shot

Here are my test hatch. Do yo think blue or black?

The splash in my avatar is almost lavendar. Really looking forward to seeing her grown out.
Well...It's still hard to tell. I am guessing blue. They look similar to mine. The fluff on their butts and chests have a bluish tint. The blacks are usually darker with a little more brown in the fluff.

Blue? Hard for me to tell.... they don't look like mine do.. Maybe it is the angle of the pics.

These were splash

These are blue

These are black

Group shot

Thanks for the photos. I guess the Wyandotte I just hatched is a black. Darn, that was the only color I didn't want! but, it sure is cute! I really really wanted the blue or splash as they are absolutely gorgious!

HI, I am in S. Oregon and have fallen in love with looking at the pics of the BRLW.  I would like to try my hand at breeding with this particular breed.  Can anyone direct me to a reputable breeder nearby that might have chicks?  I am not set up with incubator and don't have any broody hens to try to hatch eggs.  I will be reading through this thread more~
Papabrooder has nice ones. You can search his name on here or find him in the northern California thread

Hi all. Been following this thread for a while. Great info! We unsuccessfully tried to get some BLRWs from Sandhill last year, and decided to look for hatching eggs locally this year. Does anyone know of a quality breeder in the the Northeast (perferably the eastern NY/southern VT/northwestern MA area for pickup)? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all. Been following this thread for a while. Great info! We unsuccessfully tried to get some BLRWs from Sandhill last year, and decided to look for hatching eggs locally this year. Does anyone know of a quality breeder in the the Northeast (perferably the eastern NY/southern VT/northwestern MA area)? Thanks!

We should have some for spring. Just started lights 3 weeks ago. Check out our web page.

Back
Top Bottom