Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

regarding POL for BLRW, the ones I bought as chicks seem to have started so early - right around 4 1/2 months. I keep checking their charts and counting on my fingers...

regarding POL for BLRW, the ones I bought as chicks seem to have started so early - right around 4 1/2 months. I keep checking their charts and counting on my fingers...
were those from a breeder or hatchery?

hatchery birds are bred more for #s of eggs, while breeder birds were bred more for size and type. 2 totally different standards, and 2 distinctly different body types as well.

I have a dozen BLR eggs going into the incubator tonight. I'm still trying to get some nice pullets. Fingers crossed for a good hatch!
wink.png
  1. fl.gif

Thanks! 6 out of 14 hatched. It would be nice for the experts here in this thread to help me identify the colors of my new additions. I'm so eggcited
wee.gif
to become a new owner of BLRW's. I'm not inclining towards becoming a breeder myself soon but will be happy on the pet-owner side for now. Please share your expertise. Here they are!

Thanks! 6 out of 14 hatched. It would be nice for the experts here in this thread to help me identify the colors of my new additions. I'm so eggcited
wee.gif
to become a new owner of BLRW's. I'm not inclining towards becoming a breeder myself soon but will be happy on the pet-owner side for now. Please share your expertise. Here they are!

Splash

Blue

Splash

Black I think... could be a really dark blue but black is my first thought.

Splash

Splash.

celebrate.gif
Yay!... splashes I love their lacing hopefully mine will turn out like the beautiful splashes I've seen in this thread. Question-- If I end up with just one blue and it happened to be a pullet, Is pairing it with a splash rooster produce 50% blue 50% splash? Blue+Splash = 50% blue? Does it matter which one is a Rooster? Will black come to the picture as well?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom