Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hi there all!
So I was wondering if any of you could help me with genders on these guys? I have pictures of 6 - each chick has a profile and a headshot.
I gave three away to a friend but she can only have hens so I want to make sure we shuffle the 6 around so she gets all girls as soon as possible so she can spend lots of time with them so they will be nice and friendly for her.
Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

Chick #4

Chick #5

Chick #6

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

I would appreciate comment and critique on this BLRW rooster.
sorry to say, that is NOT a breeding quality bird at all...

he's not red, or anywhere near red, I don't see any definite lacing, and he lacks the Wyandotte type... sorry. he might be a nice pet bird, but I wouldn't put any hens with him unless you just want to produce pretty backyard chickens.

if you look back a few days, I made a fairly long post about what a BLRW SHOULD be... primarily clean lacing with an even narrow edge all the way around the feather, in either blue black or splash, with a DEEP RED center, and above and beyond all else, it should LOOK like a Wyandotte... sorry but this guy doesn't have the deep chest or U-shaped profile. or from what I can tell, the width of body...

Quote: I wish!!!!..these are Foley birds..the closest you can get to a good quality bird..IMO
Quote: I see dark red. Maybe my computer color is off. That is what I see.
Hi there all!
So I was wondering if any of you could help me with genders on these guys? I have pictures of 6 - each chick has a profile and a headshot.
I gave three away to a friend but she can only have hens so I want to make sure we shuffle the 6 around so she gets all girls as soon as possible so she can spend lots of time with them so they will be nice and friendly for her.
Chick #1

I see a wide comb..but nothing else that screams cockerel yet..but my hunch is cockerel..it might be a pullet

Chick #2

pullet

Chick #3

cockerel

Chick #4

cockerel

Chick #5

cockerel

Chick #6

pullet

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
these are just guesses..I am usually 50% right

My
I wish!!!!..these are Foley birds..the closest you can get to a good quality bird..IMO
I see dark red. Maybe my computer color is off. That is what I see.
these are just guesses..I am usually 50% right

My Maisey is a Foley bird. Both parents were his and sold as show/breeders to my friend. My friend gifted me Maisey under the conditions that if she turned out show quality I'd had to swap him lol.

Her neck is dark red.

Last edited:
Yeah, remember my 3 roos that sere supposed to be pullets? They have mites. Good think I didn't break quarantine just yet. I doused them all with DE and the coop too. I'm making a trip to the feed store for something stronger. I also dusted all my other birds and the run, in case I had some contamination from my clothes or shoes. Anything else I should do?

he.gif
barnie.gif

Willow

Thanks for your gender help guys =) I told her I would ask you all and see if we couldnt get better guesses or affirmation.
Bummer that there might only be 2 girls! What a shame.

Back
Top Bottom