Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hi All! We are fairly new to chickens and just got our first BLRW pullet from Jerry Foley at a recent show! I just fell in love and had to have her! She is huge! She is our first Wyandotte! She also seems super shy! I have been enjoying seeing everyone else's pictures and am having fun figuring out how she compares!
Beautiful color! :)

Hi All! We are fairly new to chickens and just got our first BLRW pullet from Jerry Foley at a recent show! I just fell in love and had to have her! She is huge! She is our first Wyandotte! She also seems super shy! I have been enjoying seeing everyone else's pictures and am having fun figuring out how she compares!

Love your BLRW pullet.

I am a novice, so my comments don't mean much. I've decided that I will start my first flock with BLRWs next Spring. Those birds pictured on Jerry Foley's site are beautiful, as is yours. Would love to have my birds look like his.

I like this girl. I know we've got some serious comb issues going on. I hope to add a too that can correct that. Maybe in the spring.
Her comb is not horrible. I have seen much worse. I have comb issues here too. I have yet to have a boy with a beautiful comb. I have a hen with a perfect comb. One. lol
Your girl has much going for her.

Is she considered a splash? Her coloration is beautiful. I have a roo that looks much the same as she does. I'm sure he would like her.
hugs.gif

Is she considered a splash? Her coloration is beautiful.  I have a roo that looks much the same as she does.  I'm sure he would like her. :hugs

I don't know the breed or this variety well enough to tell...I think splash. We call her 'the good one' as her type is better than her 3 sisters. I hope to be in Massachusettes for the Northeastern Poultry Congress, maybe I'll pick up a Roo there...? I don't show Wyandottes, but I saw some BLRW there at a few years ago, so I know the breeders are there.

Thank You Delisha, she seems better balanced than my others, but her tails got some smuttiness, and the comb bothers me. I've heard that this breed was a bit temperamental, I haven't found that to be true. A few are standoffish, but we have one that's a lap bird, she's such a sweetie.

Back
Top Bottom