Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I have a black and a splash pullet same age as these roos (how unlucky is that? :/ ) but have 4 blue chicks at 5 weeks old now, hopefully I have more females than males. There's one that is for sure a cockerel as it's already starting to grow wattles, the other 3 are up in the air right now.

Oh nice! I only had 2 hatch the first time. Both were boys. One black and one splash. Now I have some 8 week olds. I ended up with 1 blue pullet and 2 splash pullets. I'll be keeping my black rooster for the splashes. I have a few more cockerels to grow out. I'm hoping I end up with a nice blue one. :)

I know this isn't really the thread to ask on but would anyone happen to know what breed this rooster and black hen might be?? I picked them up and 2 silver wyandottes yesterday for $10...lol Couldn't help but to get them :)

I have a black and a splash pullet same age as these roos (how unlucky is that?
hmm.png
) but have 4 blue chicks at 5 weeks old now, hopefully I have more females than males. There's one that is for sure a cockerel as it's already starting to grow wattles, the other 3 are up in the air right now.
I would keep the black then... he looks better to me. I am not very fond of the splash boys, but the girls are one of my favorite!

I know this isn't really the thread to ask on but would anyone happen to know what breed this rooster and black hen might be?? I picked them up and 2 silver wyandottes yesterday for $10...lol Couldn't help but to get them :)

they're mixed. maybe gold laced wyandotte and....? that hen is one pretty girl tho!

they're mixed. maybe gold laced wyandotte and....? that hen is one pretty girl tho!
Thank you! I will be getting rid of the rooster but I really like the girls. They are just for my egg pin and might get a RIR roo since I have a RIR hen and 3 Barred Rocks along with now the 2 silvers and whatever the black may be. She looks a little like a black rock or a copper maran without the feathering but thats just going by pictures...lol Probably just a mix like you said. I just put 8 blue laced red and 6 Blue wyandotte eggs on lockdown. Hoping for some more babies :)

Let's play pullet or too, again. I have the others figured out, but this one I question. He/she has a prominent comb and wattles, although not as prominent as his/her brother. He/she has the rounded tail and saddle feathers of a pullet. About 12 weeks old. Thanks!

Let's play pullet or too, again. I have the others figured out, but this one I question. He/she has a prominent comb and wattles, although not as prominent as his/her brother. He/she has the rounded tail and saddle feathers of a pullet. About 12 weeks old. Thanks!
He looks pretty big. From what I've learned with my BLRW's. He is a he... Why you ask? First, look at his leg size compared to the one behind, a lot thicker. But the easiest way to tell is the feathers on his back, a males saddle feathers are longer, pointier, and shinier. A female's feathers are shorter and rounded.

I picked up this baby BLRW yesterday, the guy says he only has blues, but it sure looks splash to me! What do you think? To early to be sure?

Back
Top Bottom