Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Theirs a breeder in my state that is labeling his stock and selling chicks as Foley. They are wretched, crossbeaks, single combs, incomplete lacing, splashes with huge white blobs all over. Neighbor bought some chicks year before last and also a few friends. It's quite pathetic as a breeder to even continue to breed this stock with such issues. I know better, but alot of people see that name and buy chicks to find out later.

they are feathering fast!
here is what colors I think they are now:
Blue, Blue?, Black, Blue, Black, Splash
Just took these. When you pair them up, you can see some of the difference in the black and blue ones i think.

Black ? & Blue ?

Black ? & Blue ?

Black/Blue ? & Blue ?

And this little Slash

I agree with your assessment, and in the 2nd to last picture I think the chick on the left is Black..
Thanks for taking a look. I hope that they are all female. I assume you have some of these? I am so excited to see how they turn out and to see them running around the yard. We also picked up a 2 blue and 1 partridge cochin, 3 amaricuana/arucuana (never real sure how to spell each of those) and a red star. They are in the brooder growing quick.

Thanks for taking a look. I hope that they are all female. I assume you have some of these? I am so excited to see how they turn out and to see them running around the yard. We also picked up a 2 blue and 1 partridge cochin, 3 amaricuana/arucuana (never real sure how to spell each of those) and a red star. They are in the brooder growing quick.
Yes I have some BLRW, if you click on the link in my signature "My Chickens" you can see some photos of my flock :)

BLRW are so beautiful, and their feathers will change many times as they grow up. it is so fun to watch! I bet your cochins are beautiful too, I love both those colors.

on the Ameraucana, pure bred Ameraucanas are somewhat rare, most "Ameraucanas" are actually Easter Eggers that are mislabeled/mis-sold. only Ameraucanas that fit in the breed standard specific colors and lay blue eggs are "true" Ameraucanas. Other traits include a pea comb, white skin, full tails, muffs and beards (always together), and slate or black legs; they have no ear tufts. The APA recognizes these colors: Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Sliver, Wheaten and White.

Easter egger means they lay colored eggs, green or blue, and don't conform to the Ameraucana standard but are a mixed breed. They are also sometimes sold as Americana, with an "i"

an Arucana has no tail and no beard..

you can see more about the differences in this article: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html

Back
Top Bottom