Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Those of you who have already seen the many stages of the BLRW growth... How quick do the female wattles grow. I'm supposed to have 3 girls in my group of 5 but quite a few have some reddening wattles... Getting kinda nervous ... Lol

I have a pic of the head and then the body of each of them. Some of them are looking great... Others not so much... If anyone wants to let me know what they think, please do! Btw these guys are about a month old.

Those of you who have already seen the many stages of the BLRW growth... How quick do the female wattles grow. I'm supposed to have 3 girls in my group of 5 but quite a few have some reddening wattles... Getting kinda nervous ... Lol

I have a pic of the head and then the body of each of them. Some of them are looking great... Others not so much... If anyone wants to let me know what they think, please do! Btw these guys are about a month old.

My first BLR just turned 4weeks old, no sign of comb or wattles yet. But she has BIG legs!

My first BLR just turned 4weeks old, no sign of comb or wattles yet. But she has BIG legs!

I'm happy to see that yours isn't all feathers. I have those 2 that are almost fully feathered and it's making the other 3 look slow lol.

Hm.. I feel like a lot of mine have large legs as well and they all have a lot of personality lol. I don't know if I'm biased from looking at my golden sex links grow up, since they all still have small yellowish pink wattles and comb at 3 months. Since I've been nervous, I've been looking up alot of the pics of blrw hens online, and some seem to have a pretty decent red wattle. Smaller than the rooster but still. Gives me hope lol

I'm happy to see that yours isn't all feathers. I have those 2 that are almost fully feathered and it's making the other 3 look slow lol.

Hm.. I feel like a lot of mine have large legs as well and they all have a lot of personality lol. I don't know if I'm biased from looking at my golden sex links grow up, since they all still have small yellowish pink wattles and comb at 3 months. Since I've been nervous, I've been looking up alot of the pics of blrw hens online, and some seem to have a pretty decent red wattle. Smaller than the rooster but still. Gives me hope lol

Last night I came across a post about what to look for in chicks and adults for breeding good lines. I'm not breeding, mine are just pets, but one of the things to look for in chicks is that the slower to feather, usually means better lacing. Sounds good to me. I'll stop comparing her to the other chicks then. :)
Waiting to see how they feather out as hens is almost as bad as waiting for the hatch. I'm going to drive myself crazy!!
1f600.png

You can usually tell at 4-6 weeks. Yours look rooish and they appear to have straight combs. My cockerels always feather in slower than the pullets. The cockerels tend to get tail feathers last.

Looks like alot of roos there, 4 pretty definite. The last one has color so I'm going with cockerel also. sry.

I agree, for 4 weeks those are pretty red. There might be 2 pullets tho. My little peanut started out looking like a cockeral, but she's all hen!

We have 6 one-week-old BLRW chicks (who are adorable, btw!) This picture shows how 2 of them have MUCH more advanced wing development than the other 4. Anyone....does this mean we've got 4 roos or is it too early to judge?

Back
Top Bottom