Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Looks light blue to me but I only consider them "splash" when they are white and red like this hen in front. To me this is a true "splash," the rear right is light blue and the rear left is dark blue. Clarification by someone who is more experienced with the breed would be nice.

This is supposed to be the father of the roo i posted. He is dark blue and what I REALLY want. I guess I just need to buy a cockerel that is for sure blue and stop messing around with the chicks...I dont think mine will ever turn this dark...they say after the molt they can change some but not to be like this.

LL

any other thoughts on mine, any chance he will darken with age?

LL

Will he darken up like his "Daddy"?

"daddy" looks a lot like mine, but mine was more blue than yours. my blue hen however was very light like yours and she is still pretty light.

my roo on top, both in the middle and hen as a pullet on the bottom.

They don't darken, actually they get lighter-sorry. I have a young dark blue cockerel. If you are interested PM me. Here is his daddy. We are in CA. (NPIP certified) and I do ship.

Last edited:
My BLR turned 8 weeks old today. As I was lifting the chicks into the coop tonight, I was surprised at how much heavier she is then the other breeds the same age. She is at least double in weight. (She is double the cute factor too)
1f60d.png

here are my various kids, I have 11 at various ages.

what does everyone think on this last picture? roo or hen? the bird in front, the mack is a golden cuckoo maran roo.

what does everyone think on this last picture? roo or hen? the bird in front, the mack is a golden cuckoo maran roo.
Are these last 3 the same 2 BLRW? I think it looks like a pullet compared to the other one. I had one who i thought was a cockeral for months! but she was the sweetest thing!

Back
Top Bottom