Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Can anyone verify whether this is a girl? Sometimes she looks like a pullet to me, sometimes not. She has thick legs and likes to stand tall the majority of the time(like the last photo). She was a little more nervous on the sink then on the floor so not standing so proudly. She is 3 months exactly here. Saddle feathers long, but not so pointy, and hackle feathers fairly narrow and thin. Hatchery sexed as pullet.

Last edited:
Can anyone verify whether this is a girl? Sometimes she looks like a pullet to me, sometimes not. She has thick legs and likes to stand tall the majority of the time(like the last photo). She was a little more nervous on the sink then on the floor so not standing so proudly. She is 3 months exactly here. Saddle feathers long, but not so pointy, and hackle feathers fairly narrow and thin. Hatchery sexed as pullet.

looks female to me too.

if you separate the feathers near the neck and on the back near the tail, you can search for hackle and saddle feathers. Only males have hackle and saddle feathers. the points would be triangle shaped or pointed.

a pullet on the other hand, will have rounded feathers.

For three months old she doesn't have very large or very red wattles and even without a good shot of her comb it doesn't look as big as my cockerels of the same age. I'm betting that comb is just getting a little color instead of enlarged and bright red. I know the rose comb is a hassle for sexing...and that why I have three cockerels that I don't need just to grow out that one pullet. So anyhow...she's a she!

So excited, I just got my 1st two Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom