Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

We were SOOO sure this guy was a cockerel, but recently I'm changing opinion. "Bucky" is 6 weeks old. What do you think? When the comb and wattles are not washed out by the flash, they are pinkish.
I'd say cockerel. Colour patterns don't really come into play till they are much older and by then the other signs are obvious. My cockerels all have that ' no butt ' Appearance , whereas the pullets develop tail feathers .

I'd say cockerel. Colour patterns don't really come into play till they are much older and by then the other signs are obvious. My cockerels all have that ' no butt '
Appearance , whereas the pullets develop tail feathers .
I agree, but it's throwing me that his comb and wattles are so small compared to other roos his age.

I'm saying pullet!
He'd be a pretty hen!!! Charcoal-y blue/black head and red with blue lacing...
droolin.gif

I agree, but it's throwing me that his comb and wattles are so small compared to other roos his age. 

I have a SLW that I always said was my second roo, looked just like my obvious roo, no tail, huge legs, stocky boy build... Only he turned out to be a she... No wattle or tail development at all

Bahaha!! I know what you mean. I do think it's all in the comb and wattles, the rest of the body is just part of a guessing game!

When you are judging a pic on line it's all a guessing game. Without perfect lighting and pics of every angle it's not like sexing your own line. One thing is for sure though, there is a 50/50 chance one of is correct. :lau

lau.gif
I love it!!! Thanks for playing the gender game with me! I love watching them grow, and talking to other members about what we see, and past experiences, etc. I have learned so much! This is a fun one, because BLRW change so much daily. I love this breed!!
celebrate.gif

:lau  I love it!!! Thanks for playing the gender game with me! I love watching them grow, and talking to other members about what we see, and past experiences, etc. I have learned so much! This is a fun one, because BLRW change so much daily. I love this breed!!  :celebrate

Out of the breeds I have, this by far is the toughest to sex! But also one of the best I have. Too bad they don't hatch with a pink or blue feather to help us out. :)

Back
Top Bottom