Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

My friend ended up with some eggs, the roo was BLRW and the hens are BLRW-splashed, BLRW-black, and lavender Orp. I'm new to the breeds, and I was wondering how the lavender chicks will look. Will they have lace?

My friend ended up with some eggs, the roo was BLRW and the hens are BLRW-splashed, BLRW-black, and lavender Orp. I'm new to the breeds, and I was wondering how the lavender chicks will look. Will they have lace?

Are you saying you are planning on breeding the Blue Laced cock bird with the lavender orpington hen?

To get Lavender the chicks need to get it from both parents so the first generation will be solid black with maybe a hint of lacing. If you inbreed the black birds (a brother/sister mating) most will be black, some will be laced to some extent, some will be Lavender and a very few will be Lavender Laced. The Lavender Gene lightens both black and red so you will get a bird colored like this:

This bird is half Lavender Orpington because both black (well, mostly black) parents were half Lavender Orpington.

Lost all three of my Black/red 7 week olds today to we think a bad bag of feed. Somehow Stellar and my other two blues survived. Lost 23 chicks all together. Going to try and find some more black and splash chicks. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom