Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Quote:
Good luck on the hatch.
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Anybody near me need a BLRW cockerel? I have two extra hatched from Soggy Bottom Farms eggs (Paul's, Blue & Foley's lines). One of them is definently splash, the other one may be a light blue or may be a splash. I'm not 100% sure. They are almost 16 wks. They are free if you can come get them! Otherwise they are going up on CL on Friday.

Last edited:
Hey are any of you BLRW fans going to Crossroads? I plan on showing a BLRW cockerel and 2 pullets...and of course some SLW and call ducks...

Jerry

Just felt like posting updated pics of my BLR chicks. They're 9-weeks-old now.

53351_sdc11001.jpg

53351_sdc10926.jpg

53351_sdc10986.jpg

I think the two bottom pics are the same bird. I have three BLRWs, but the two light ones look very similar, and I was having trouble keeping up with them in the run when taking the pictures. Is there a chance that the lacing on the light birds could get better with age?

Quote:
Dont pay much attention to the males lacing until they start getting their adult feathering in...you really cant tell much about it until then.

I hope this look doesn't mean broody.....I've had it up to my eyebrows with broodies this year, I stopped counting somewhere around 15 or 16 and have had several more since then.
barnie.gif
I think they are all against me.
lol.png
This little sweetie has been spending alot of time in the nest box lately and not going outside, maybe she is just testing the waters. She just started laying not too long ago, for crying out loud, she is still laying tiny little pullet eggs.

11170_blrw_102011_in_the_box.jpg

Back
Top Bottom