Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
I just picked mine up this weekend and I am SUPER excited to have them! 3 are 4 weeks old

and 2 are 2 weeks old

Hoping that at least SOME of them turn out to be hens. This is the breed I really wanted. I think they are so beautiful.

April

Can someone tell me if my two BLR Wyandottes (4 weeks, 3 days old) are Pullets or Cockerels? Also, if you can tell me if they will feather blue or black laced, that would be great. I am hoping for pullets...can NOT have roosters in city limits! Thanks for any input...I'm a newbie :)

Yep, what Duramax girl said. I don't try to figure it out until 8 wks when it is very obvious looking at combs and wattles. Boys combs will be red and they will have big wattles. Girls will have no wattles and still pale yellow combs.

Last edited:
I think it's going to be a wait and see. I've had some splash blr that had only a faint chipmunk stripe at hatch. The lacing wouldn't show until they developed their first or second set of feathers. But they carried the mahogany gene. With your chick having only 1/4 lacing in its parentage - I don't know if the lacing is sex linked or dominant/recessive. I'm intrigued, the chicken calculator showed blue as dominant over buff. I can't explain why your rooster doesn't show blue or even black lacing.
Colby Roche'

Back
Top Bottom