Blue Orpington

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I would like to meet owners on here of Blue Orpington chickens. I would love to see pictures of your Blue Orpingtons.

Also, I'd love to see pictures of Blue Orpingtons crossed with Buff Orpingtons.

Does anyone have offspring of a Buff Orpington crossed with a white leghorn who shows silvery blue in some of his feathers, such as hackles, tail, and wing tips?

Thanks for your help,

Clare

They certainly ARE stunning. Just gorgeous! I hear they are hard to find. Do you think my feed stores in Utah would carry Blue Orpingtons, or would I have to order them through the mail myself?

Also, I found this link on Buff Orpington/White leghorn crosses. From the Avatar picture, do you think my rooster looks more likely to have had a white leghorn father or a Blue Orpington father? He has blue coloration in his hackles, wing tips, and tail, and I can't figure out how he could have gotten that from a white leghorn Papa/Buff Orpington Mama? Any thoughts on the matter?

http://www.theleghornclub.com/TextBuff.htm

Here is his grown up picture. The Avatar picture was taken when he was 5 months old. He's 16 months old now:

200x200px-LL-7a33294d_DSCF3397.jpeg

Thanks for the sweet compliment, Mavrk! I will tell him. :>)

He reminds me of a famous rooster, but I can't place that rooster. Was the Kellogg Cornflakes rooster a golden one at one point? I do think rooster wattles look a lot like cornflakes, albeit red, instead of golden colored.

Thanks for the sweet compliment, Mavrk! I will tell him. :>)

He reminds me of a famous rooster, but I can't place that rooster. Was the Kellogg Cornflakes rooster a golden one at one point? I do think rooster wattles look a lot like cornflakes, albeit red, instead of golden colored.
That rooster was a Welsummer. But the large comb of your guy does remind me of that. We are not allowed roosters where I live. But they are beautiful creatures.

The Kellogg's rooster was a Welsummer, Mavrk? What a fun little piece of trivia. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom