Show me pictures of your crossbreds.

I am waiting for someone to figure out how to make a frizzle showgirl.
Isn't a frizzle showgirl and a frizzle silkie naked neck the same thing? I wound up with a "showgirl" out of some breeders' eggs I hatched, but also have the frizzle gene in a couple of my older silkies, thus, I would assume if I kept this one, and bred it to one of those, I'd wind up with a couple of frizzle silkie naked necks, ie. showgirls. These particular ones I'm selling and kept three others, no naked necks as I personally don't like them. They are cute of course, just personal preference.

11-18-23.jpg

These are all from a Speckled Sussex rooster bred to a few different hens, 2 of which are Australorps. I'm guessing that could throw off the traditional look of a purebred Australorp. I hope you're right though! I'd like it to carry one blue gene so hopefully future lineage can have some blue!
Adding a splash and another blue breed chick sometime could up the chances of blue in the flock.

Bielefelder x Black Australorp, still solid black with the white belly. Same with the Bielefelder x Jersey Giant cross. View attachment 3688904The black seems to overpower all other colors for newborns.

A Blue Australorp chick
View attachment 3688907

If you look at your speckled sussex chick you can see that the third has the same patterning but with the Blue Australorp coloring.
Since a "Production Blue" comes from a RIR rooster and a Blue Australorp, I wonder if my SS rooster bred to a Blue Australorp will produce a Production Blue. Speckled Sussex' are red mottled, but the mottling is recessive so shouldn't show up in the 1st generation. So in theory, wouldn't the SS rooster pass on the red just like a RIR rooster, and make a Production Blue?

Back
Top Bottom