Show me pictures of your crossbreds.

My first hens were buff orpingtons and my original roo was a barred rock, so the first 4 chicks I hatched were BR/BO crosses and all are aout 1.5yrs old now, two hens and two roos.

BR/BO Rooster brother 1, Cuddles Junior. He started out mostly white with just the dark tail and light barring on his hackles, but he's getting progressively more buff and dark brown feathers on his body over time.
view

Rooster brother 2, Monster. He started out mostly black and has been getting more white on him over time.
view

And the two hens Squishy and Scruffy - both white
view

Then this year I hatched from those two roos above and a couple other of my original buffs, giving me 25% BR / 75% BO chicks, 1 pullet and 3 cockerels. This is how they look:

The pullet, Meep - white again:
view

And the 3 cockerel brothers, Tengu, Squeak, and Goober, respectively buff barred, white/cream with no barring, and another mixed color (although I'm 99.9% sure Goober is actually a Monster child despite looking like a Cuddles Junior clone)
view

Are you making this a new breed? It is fantastic looking.
Thank you very much! I considered the personalities, body shape, feather, skin, and leg colors. I placed the Porcelain d’Anvers father with a particular White Silkie/Golden Sebright hen, and I placed her eggs under one of my broody Seramas. I’ll be doing more of the same next Spring, because I’m really hoping to hatch a few pullets next time and continue this particular line (but with other Porcelain d’Anvers Roos). ☺️

Back
Top Bottom