Blue rocks

Pics
Stan what would that do? putting the splash with splash? improve type?

I think Stan means to breed the splash to solid black (IDK)? I love the different color variations in the splash. The 2 girls I have a very light blue base color with darker blue splash. The chicks I have in the brooder are the white with black splash. Tried to get some pictures of the 2 older girls but they were doing their morning dust baths and preening:

I'll try to take pictures of mine, they look like yours... lol I wonder why
tongue.png

Yep, I mean it would be best to put the splash cock over black hens......you will get 100% blue and it is supposed to be cleaner, without the brassiness, or brownish bleed thru. Next choice for me would be barred hens. The last choice would be splash over splash. You will get 100% splash offspring, but they will be a weaker strain, or so I hear........Your milllage may vary!l.....stan

Yep, I mean it would be best to put the splash cock over black hens......you will get 100% blue and it is supposed to be cleaner, without the brassiness, or brownish bleed thru. Next choice for me would be barred hens. The last choice would be splash over splash. You will get 100% splash offspring, but they will be a weaker strain, or so I hear........Your milllage may vary!l.....stan
If I could get a splash cock I would be happy. All of mine have been girls so far. Never fails, when I need a roo I don't or can't find one.

Back
Top Bottom