Boy or girl? Jersey Giant!

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
I have these two Jerseys I got from TSC. Im unsure of their age because they had quite a few feathers when we bought them. Based on when they come in at the store they’d only be 3, almost 4 weeks old, but knowing how chickens feather, they’d be closer to 5, almost 6, meaning they were still there from a previous week. Anyway, they were labeled as pullets. I know it’s only 80-85% accurate. But I wanted opinions as this is my first time with Jerseys. One is a pullet for sure. But the other we can’t decide. Based on comb size we think roo. But she/he hasn’t changed in a week. No bigger, no redness. I know we’ll know for sure soon but it’s killing me lol. So picture 1 is of “her” 8 days ago. Picture 2 is her now. Picture 3 is her next to her, for sure, sister. I know that picture sucks, but they kept running so I had to zoom…. On an iPhone… 🙄. I’m leaning roo but I’m wondering if she’s just an early bloomer that has since stalled. If anyone has a guess let me know!

IMG_4149.jpeg
IMG_4141.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg

Here’s some updated and better pictures! First is the more boyish one and the second is the pullet. The pullet actually redder than the one with the bigger comb. Both are still unchanged days later.

IMG_4167.jpeg

IMG_4165.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom