Braggs Mountain Buffs

I haven't weighed in for a while. You can read back through and see what I had to say. Bottom line, these birds did not pan out and we have given up on the breed.

From what I've read this "breed" is seriously inbred maybe it's why the fertility sucks and I've also read larger birds have more difficulty breeding.

it seems like a good project but the creators made to many mistakes.

sad really,
someone spent a serious amount of time to produce a breed which seemed really remarkable.

i have taken a chicken break for many months, but i am back and
if anyone wants to relaunch this thread and work to save the breed (if possible) (if stock can be found)
i'd love to participate.

best wishes to all,

Robert [email protected]

I purchased 25 just last month. They arrived safe, well packaged, with one extra bird. They all seem to be growing and doing wonderful. I had no problems, communication was great and the fellow on the phone has a wonderful Texan accent!!! So far, so good!

I purchased 25 just last month. They arrived safe, well packaged, with one extra bird. They all seem to be growing and doing wonderful. I had no problems, communication was great and the fellow on the phone has a wonderful Texan accent!!! So far, so good!
if you have pics please post them. and where are you located? (state or city)

This is my first post, but wanted to share. I just brought home my first Braggs....possibly 2 roosters and 5 hens. About 6 months old and they are Huge! They have a wonderful temperament and I like them much more than my RI Reds. I live in Waller...near Houston, Tx and got them from a reputable breeder in Willis, Tx. His facility is large, clean, and all animals can free range in large well fenced coops. He had other breeds of chickens, turkeys (I got some Narragansett), ducks, and geese. He advertises on craigslist Houston under farm and garden. His animals are tested for illnesses too.
I will take a pic in the morning in the sunlight ... they are dodging intermittent sunshowers right now, LOL.

This is my first post, but wanted to share.  I just brought home my first Braggs....possibly 2 roosters and 5 hens. About 6 months old and they are Huge!  They have a wonderful temperament and I like them much more than my RI Reds.  I live in Waller...near Houston, Tx and got them from a reputable breeder in Willis, Tx.  His facility is large, clean, and all animals can free range in large well fenced coops.  He had other breeds of chickens, turkeys (I got some Narragansett), ducks, and geese.  He advertises on craigslist Houston under farm and garden.  His animals are tested for illnesses too. 
I will take a pic in the morning in the sunlight ... they are dodging intermittent sunshowers right now, LOL. 

Congratulations! Keep us posted on the disposition and growth of those birds.

One has Blue Kote on his head due to a tear on his comb while bringing them home. They are about 4 o 6 months old and are well tempered and lively. Along with my Amercauna/Easter Eggers....I love this breed. The breeder says they breeded the broodiness out of them so I am hoping to incubated a few eggs and see what happens!

to everyone who has read this thread from the start (it's valuable stuff)
here is a press release from the bragg website that everyone should be aware of to continue on...

http://www.braggsmountainpoultry.net/press-release/ (click read more)

i hope this is not the aforementioned texan or that he has mastered his craft now -
(say a little prayer for the braggs mountain buff)

LET US KNOW, EVERYONE WHO HAS ORDERED (and thank you kindly glassyjan)
and let us know about their fertility everyone.

robert braun [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom