Breda Fowl thread

Pics
hello all!
Just popping in to ask a bit of advice. i have 6 Breda chicks that are almost 9 weeks old. I am trying to sex them, and having a hard time. without a giant red comb screaming "I am a boy!" in my face, i am convinced they are all girls. Any tips or tricks you all can offer a breda newbie?
My are the same age as yours. I originally though that the blue one that I have was a pullet and the dark blue one (I am still not convinced it is a black) was a cockerels. I since have come to believe that both of mine are pullets. 1) They both have small waddles 2) Neither of them are picked on or challenged like all the other cockerels have been that were hatched with them.

If you think all of yours are pullets, then I am going to have another look at my pair. I may have a cockerel yet. :)

hello all!
Just popping in to ask a bit of advice. i have 6 Breda chicks that are almost 9 weeks old. I am trying to sex them, and having a hard time. without a giant red comb screaming "I am a boy!" in my face, i am convinced they are all girls. Any tips or tricks you all can offer a breda newbie?

Yes, sell them all to meeeeee. :) I was just at chicken stock in NH and the only raffle I entered was for Breda eggs. GF needs to change its image for these because their pic is UGLY and I don't think my girl is like that at all. She IS small. I think sje is the same size as my polish hen.

I took pictures of my 4 remaining Breda (I sold one this weekend) and was feeling all proud of myself for being a master photographer...until I actually took the time to look at the pictures. They are a blurry mess. Will try again today (I hope) and maybe have some to post later. I have one black, 2 greys (which are called blue, right?) and what appears to be a splash (mostly white with colored feathers popping in here and there are she gets older). I would love to have one male in the bunch and the other 3 be females!!! But reality tells me that probably wont happen.

Does anyone have mature Breda fowl ? We have a trio laying but not sure how long they have been laying. Just wondering what size eggs you are seeing. What we are getting is a small egg. If the birds weren't so unusual we wouldn't keep them for the eggs that for sure.

Does anyone have mature Breda fowl ? We have a trio laying but not sure how long they have been laying. Just wondering what size eggs you are seeing. What we are getting is a small egg. If the birds weren't so unusual we wouldn't keep them for the eggs that for sure.
The hatching eggs that we got were on the smaller side. I thought the same about the size of the eggs.

This may be a silly question, but what are their personalities like? Are they a sweet friendly bird like the Orpington or do they like to make a raucous? Are they flighty or pretty much just hang out? They are beautiful either way from what I see from all of your pictures.​

Back
Top Bottom