Breda Fowl thread

Pics
Mine are about 4 months old. They don't yet make much noise at all. They are a tad skittish but I have not worked with them so it may be that is the issue. No crowing yet or egg laying so I don't know about the noise level yet. I really like these birds though.

This may be a silly question, but what are their personalities like? Are they a sweet friendly bird like the Orpington or do they like to make a raucous? Are they flighty or pretty much just hang out? They are beautiful either way from what I see from all of your pictures.​
I have 4 pair or Breda. They are very easy to be around. They follow me around, but are not under feet like some birds. They don't bother any of the other birds and the other birds don't pay them much attention either, they hang with the flock of polish.
I got mine as day old chicks and they were handled a lot as chicks. They are just nice, calm, eye candy. So far the eggs are small, but they have only been laying a couple months.

I only have a blue rooster (well two but one is disabled) can I breed him with the black hens? What do you get?
The blue color in the Breda is like most others in that they do not breed true.
Black x Black = 100% black
Black x Blue = 50% black 50% blue
Blue x Blue = 25% black 50% blue 25% splash
Splash x Splash = 100% splash
Splash x Blue = 50% splash 50% blue
Splash x Black = 100% blue

I have 2 extra Black Breda Fowl cockerels hatched around May 1 looking for a home where they will not end up on the dinner table! They are free if anyone around Austin/San Antonio is interested, thought I would try here before other places. I hatched them, only kept 6 and of course ended up with 2 pullets and 4 cockerels. Thanks!

Hi, it's me again!
I finally gave in a ordered hatching eggs.
They should arrive in a couple of days.
I can't wait!
wee.gif

smile.png
They're Here!
smile.png

And resting from the trip.
I can't wait to get them in the incubator!
And then the LONG wait 'til they hatch.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom