Breed question and gender question

LilChickens2

Songster
Nov 20, 2015
Crozet VA
I have a couple of questions on members of my flock. Some are breed and some are gender questions. I'm too impatient to wait for the crow or the egg.
1f602.png

The first one is my Jersey Giant. Supposed to be a pullet. Is she? She is 16 weeks old. Pic #1:

This one is my RIR that I got from a breeder. She is 14 weeks old. Is she a pullet and a RIR (or a production red?) Please excuse the coop as we were cleaning it. pic #2:

Next, I got two grow out pullets who are already laying. They are supposed to be the same breed (golden comets) yet they don't look alike. What are their breeds?(The two in question are the two in the middle of the pic) Pic #3

This is my 20 week Pullet. What breed is she? Pic #4

Lastly,

My Easter Egger. She is 16 weeks. Is she a she?! Pic #5:

Thanks for the input!

I have a couple of questions on members of my flock. Some are breed and some are gender questions. I'm too impatient to wait for the crow or the egg.
1f602.png

The first one is my Jersey Giant. Supposed to be a pullet. Is she? She is 16 weeks old. Pic #1:
She looks like a Pullet as well. I think RIR are supposed to be darker...but she could be. She may be darker when she gets her final feathers.

Next, I got two grow out pullets who are already laying. They are supposed to be the same breed (golden comets) yet they don't look alike. What are their breeds?(The two in question are the two in the middle of the pic) Pic #3
Looks like a Barred Rock, was thinking her comb should be a little bigger though...Hmmm

Lastly,

My Easter Egger. She is 16 weeks. Is she a she?! Pic #5:
Looking at her coloring lack of saddle feathers and then her tail feathers, my guess is Pullet

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Pullet
pullet, looks like a production red or hatchery quality Red.
Red sex link hens.
I'm seeing a straight comb on the barred bird, so I'm saying Rock
Brown Leghorn. she'll lay you tons of white eggs.

Thank you for the replies. I do believe the barred pullet could be a Dominique. The breeder I bought her from said Barred Rock but he also sold Dominiques. As for the EE being a brown leghorn. WOW! I ordered her to be an EE from a hatchery so I'm disappointed that they sent me a Brown Leghorn instead (my own fault, I checked that it was ok to substitute if need be). I looked up the info on a Brown Leghorn and she fits the description to a T...very flighty.

Newbie posting here... I hope I'm doing this right.

Can someone please identify the breed or mix of my 26 week old cockerel? I named him "Willy Dixon" after the songwriter of the blues classic "Little Red Rooster."
I thought he might be a Rhode Island Red, but them he started to grow more colors. He has a white spot on top on his back at the base of the greenish tail feathers. I saw a photo inline of "Murphy Brood Rooster" for sale that looked almost identical.

I can't keep him in my urban neighborhood, and would like to sell or swap him for a hen. What dollar amount can I ask?

Thank you! Your replies are appreciated!

ETravisLA

Back
Top Bottom