Breeding Cornish X Rocks

Pics
Call Duck
My good friend told me about doing the Silkie Broiler. Like you have mentioned. I know he is a very good breeder of chickens. But he will not be doing that. I would like to see what they look like.
And if you would like to send me info on the CornishX. You can email me if you like @ [email protected]...Thanks Nick
As I have already attempted my own back yard Cornish X.
How did your attempt turn out? I would be curious to know.

I don't have any pictures, my mentor meant with the person that owns the flock. I am not even sure who that man is.

I have pictures on facebook. I have no idea how to put pictures on here. I have the Jubilee over 1/2 Dark Cornish 1/4 Black Austrolops 1/4 Buff Orpingtons. And they seem very nice.
I also have some 3/4 Cornish 1/4 Asil.
If someone tells me how to upload pictures. I will...Thank you....Nick

Nick I'll give it a shot.

When in the reply box, look above at the icons. THe insert image icon looks like a post card, next to the movie clip.

It's abit tiral and error but select the step and then find the source like on your pc, select the phot, then select the size, then submit. patience as it doesn't always work right and when it does might take a few minutes.

Good luck

This is a yard bred Cornish X. Father Jubilee and mother White Rock. But will have to check toe marks. To confirm.

cornish rocks are genetically modified. no regular chicken breeder would be able to replicate the cornish rock without a scientific backround in genetics. from my understandings they take the nucleus of the cell and apply bacteria to it in order to have the fast growth since bacteria multiplies rapidly. if you were looking into a meat bird id go with the delaware. it was the commercial broiler before the cornish rock was introduced. they are typically a nice eating size in about 16 weeks. not to mention they are also NON-GMO. studies show that GMO foods lead to cancer and many other diseases. unfortunately the world has turned to GMO for profit.

cornish rocks are genetically modified. no regular chicken breeder would be able to replicate the cornish rock without a scientific backround in genetics. from my understandings they take the nucleus of the cell and apply bacteria to it in order to have the fast growth since bacteria multiplies rapidly. if you were looking into a meat bird id go with the delaware. it was the commercial broiler before the cornish rock was introduced. they are typically a nice eating size in about 16 weeks. not to mention they are also NON-GMO. studies show that GMO foods lead to cancer and many other diseases. unfortunately the world has turned to GMO for profit.
First off- they are not Genetically modified. They are a chicken not a GMO.

Secondly - I doubt that. I read commerical poultry news daily and have not heard a thing about bacteria use on broilers. It's just not possible to do that on a large scale, where they are hatching millions of chicks a week.

I will not get into the other comments of GMO - but lets leave it at this there are no truly unbiased studies conducted on the effects of GMO

CX are not GMO........they are selectively bred, and are hybrids......like a mule is a hybrid......

THis information is incorrect.

Cornish are not GMO's, they are 100% chicken

No need for GMO as selective breeding and good record keeping has bred lines of chickens that when crossed show the super effects of hybrid vigor.

While I too have concerns about the GMO's, reaching for heritage lines of poultry like chickens, ducks and turkeys and resurecting the old ways of farming will improve human health. Of course this is all my opinion because the big super money would never support such a study.

Several people have build project meat birds to meet their needs. Most of the poultry has not been selected for meat characteristcs for nearly 100 years. Delawares, and Newhampshires were among the last of the meat birds from the heritage age to be created into meat birds. OThers are chanteclers, and buckeyes. The ALBC line of buckeyes is an improved meat bird over the original lines used. Good chanties look like old cornish's in the breast area.

Several breeders here on BYC have restored old breeds back into a meat bird. You are not likely to find these high quality lines at a big hatchery, though Cackle has acquired some goooood chanties.

I'm all for growing up your own meat and vegies!

Back
Top Bottom