Breeding Cornish X Rocks

(F2) 3/4 Dark Cornish - 1/4 CornishX Roaster.
Born 43.3g on 2/10/16 and has packed on 12.8g in 2 days.

Dad - "Bob" 12 pound (F1)1/2 Dark Cornish 1/2 CornishX Roaster hatched 8/20/2015 - 25 weeks

Mom - "Marion" Pure Dark Cornish

almost 3 weeks ago i bought 6 cornish x chicks age one day and my orpington hen adapt them with her 3 chicks was also one day old
now the 9 chicks grow up together the 9 chicks in open free range and the 6 chicks cornish x they behave exactly as any natural chicks they eat only what their mother allow them to eat they making dust bath and sun bath they sleep under their mother wings they behave 100% natural
i have hope to get from them eggs
any one know when they start laying eggs?
if i will not get eggs from them better to use them for meet than to keep them and disappointed at the end

almost 3 weeks ago i bought 6 cornish x chicks age one day and my orpington hen adapt them with her 3 chicks was also one day old
now the 9 chicks grow up together the 9 chicks in open free range and the 6 chicks cornish x they behave exactly as any natural chicks they eat only what their mother allow them to eat they making dust bath and sun bath they sleep under their mother wings they behave 100% natural
i have hope to get from them eggs
any one know when they start laying eggs?
if i will not get eggs from them better to use them for meet than to keep them and disappointed at the end

I bought "Pioneers" from Murray. Some refer to this breed as Rainbows or Dixie Rainbows. I was planning to butcher these birds at 12 weeks, but had second thoughts as they are quite unique and attractive. I allowed them to grow to maturity and they lay big brown eggs, which I have hatched under a broody hen. The 2 year old rooster from Murray is probably 15-20#'s, a big bird. Lot's of double yolks.

I bought "Pioneers" from Murray.  Some refer to this breed as Rainbows or Dixie Rainbows. I was planning to butcher these birds at 12 weeks, but had second thoughts as they are quite unique and attractive.  I allowed them to grow to maturity and they lay big brown eggs, which I have hatched under a broody hen.   The 2 year old rooster from Murray is probably 15-20#'s, a big bird.  Lot's of double yolks.
I'd love to see some pictures

Yeh some pics would be nice please
1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom