Breeding Project Spring 2014

my goal is blue chickens that lay olive eggs. I have blue and splash maran hens and am keeping a blue americauna Roo that looks like a BLRW, and a blue andelusian Roo. I also have a Coco maran/silky/Easter egger rooster, and a blue cochin/frizzle mix roo I probably won't breed the last too roosters. what do you all think?

my goal is blue chickens that lay olive eggs. I have blue and splash maran hens and am keeping a blue americauna Roo that looks like a BLRW, and a blue andelusian Roo. I also have a Coco maran/silky/Easter egger rooster, and a blue cochin/frizzle mix roo I probably won't breed the last too roosters. what do you all think?

I like it!
I want three. lol

That sounds awesome. I had a blue Cochin with a red cape there for a while. I haven't ever before or since seen one like her. Funniest thing about her was she was my biggest hen but laid the smallest egg. lol

In spring 2014 I am hoping to breed Barred Plymouth Rocks and Salmon Faverolles, as well as getting trios and pairs of new breeds of birds from the local breeders around here. I certainly have the room for more birds. We calculated it once and I think I have room for sixty more birds. I probably won't get that many though because I only have so much room in my little Brinsea incubator and I don't have money for twenty trios of Langshans. haha. For the new breeds I'm thinking I'll get some Chanteclers, Langshans (maybe), Orpingtons, and Wyandottes, although I have a list as far as the eye can see, that includes Turkeys, Quail, Pheasants, all types of poultry. hehe.

Bottom Line: I NEED MORE BIRDS!

Just wondering, is anyone here breeding Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks or Partridge Plymouth Rocks?
smile.png

In spring 2014 I am hoping to breed Barred Plymouth Rocks and Salmon Faverolles, as well as getting trios and pairs of new breeds of birds from the local breeders around here. I certainly have the room for more birds. We calculated it once and I think I have room for sixty more birds. I probably won't get that many though because I only have so much room in my little Brinsea incubator and I don't have money for twenty trios of Langshans. haha. For the new breeds I'm thinking I'll get some Chanteclers, Langshans (maybe), Orpingtons, and Wyandottes, although I have a list as far as the eye can see, that includes Turkeys, Quail, Pheasants, all types of poultry. hehe.

Bottom Line: I NEED MORE BIRDS!

Just wondering, is anyone here breeding Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks or Partridge Plymouth Rocks?
smile.png

I'm getting a Partridge Plymouth Rock roo, but I don't have a hen of that breed. I'm working on my laying flock and have the same bottom line as you. =)

my roos Larry blue andelusian and darcy americana...
charcol cochin (daphne) and sally splash...

Diana Splash maran

and Crystal blue persuasion, are the gray hens I will use.

we just did a test hatch with some english orpington eggs
all clear
i guess i'll have to trim some butts so the roo can "hit the mark"

Back
Top Bottom