Bresse Chickens

Instead of finishing the bresse with goat milk, which is kind of hard to find, will fermented cow milk be ok?

We butchered our 1st Roo. He was sexually mature. I "Practiced Caponizing" on his car is...quite tricky. I still need a proper rib spreader. Nonetheless the neat looked & smelled very similar to Turkey. I did finish on raw milk(goat& cow). It was interesting.

We butchered our 1st Roo. He was sexually mature. I "Practiced Caponizing" on his car is...quite tricky. I still need a proper rib spreader. Nonetheless the neat looked & smelled very similar to Turkey. I did finish on raw milk(goat& cow). It was interesting.

How old and what did he weigh?

Exactly what I did. So glad I did. A live bird would have been in a world of pain. Practice, practice.
lau.gif

My bf hurt his hand, so we're taking a break from caponizing. Bummer though, as the production red capon looks much larger than the production red intact rooster.

I have 3 roos and 3 pullets for my white bresse flock. I had one pullet die 5 days ago from a respiratory infection thing. I treated with tylan injections for 3 days, everyone seems better.

In the spring I'm adding another line of white bresse from gff to breed better with, as the current line is pretty inbreed. Bio-diversity is important when doing this, even if just for meat.

My white bresse are very sweet and personable, they like being handled. The ayam cemani are very bossy and arrogant, driving the bresse under the coop. They are getting a bit dirty. It doesn't help I have 3 muscovy ducks with them all. I mat move the muscovies tomorrow to the meatie chicken area again. To give more room for the chickens.

I noticed one of my roos has very pinkish feet still..

Back
Top Bottom