Brinsea "Periodic Incubation Cooling" Mode

Grab a search engine and look up a newer hot topic
in pro poultry circles. " circadian incubation".
Best,
Karen in western PA, USA

Last edited:
I'm at day 7 of my first set of eggs in my new Advance EX and I'm trying to decide if I should turn on the periodic cooling or not. Now that this feature has been around a couple of years, has anyone found this beneficial? And do you set it at the recommended two hours? I just looked up "circadian incubation" and that gives me more to ponder...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am reading some concerning opinions on the Brinsea Advance line on another group. It is apparent the customer satisfaction was not good enough, there are claims that Brinsea refuses to acknowledge something is wrong with the cooldown feature, etc. and people that bought it only get dead chicks. I had my heart set on either a Octagon Advance 20 w/Humidity Pump (either bought separately or the EX package, seems like separately is cheaper right now) or the Mini Advance. But now I'm worried. All the recent reviews and chatter in other groups I don't hear about this, but there's about 3 or 4 people in the group who had this issue. They suggested looking on BYC to read about it, but I haven't found it. Any thoughts on the matter?

I use the brinsea octogon 20. I love it. Hatch rate is 90%. I go with 30-40% humidity until lockdown then bump to 60%+. I use the cool down feature set for 30 minutes every 24 hours. It holds temps and humidity very steady! I thought about getting the humidty pump but I only need to add water every three days. So I'm not spending the extra money for the pump!

I use the brinsea octogon 20. I love it. Hatch rate is 90%. I go with 30-40% humidity until lockdown then bump to 60%+. I use the cool down feature set for 30 minutes every 24 hours. It holds temps and humidity very steady! I thought about getting the humidty pump but I only need to add water every three days. So I'm not spending the extra money for the pump!
I have just got one and I can't find any information on how I add water every few days without taking it apart, is there a way of doing it? Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom