Brown Leghorns: Pics, Info, and Resources

Come on, folks, let's get this thread going again!
thumbsup.gif

I'll start the process by asking a question. My sister has a White Leghorn cockerel whose comb recently flopped over. Any ideas as to the cause? He's also stopped crowing and trying to mate with the girls. He acts like he's lost some testosterone or something. I think it could be because he's bullied by our main rooster, but I wanted to ask what you guys thought.

God bless,
~Gresh~

I have some pretty good SQ leghorns from mark atwood and don schriders lines, I will be selling eggs if anyone is interested./LL"></a>
Those are gorgeous birds, Sumatra55! Are you anywhere near NC? I'd love to have a breeder like you near me just in case I ever wanted to get some good-quality Browns.

God bless,
~Gresh~

Was there ever a list of breeders from the club?

Based on advice I was given in the LF Heritage thread I'm trying to find a source for
Rose Comb Brown Leghorn old line(s) "Heritage"

I'm converting all my birds to preservation quality and
I've been told this breed is in need of increased numbers/locations where they will be maintainted with breeding pairs overwintered.

Feel free to PM me it you have info. that is not for public posting.

Thanks
FeyRaine

if you find some let me know... i have been thinking of ordering from McMurry for lack of a better place...
Was there ever a list of breeders from the club?

Based on advice I was given in the LF Heritage thread I'm trying to find a source for
Rose Comb Brown Leghorn old line(s) "Heritage"

I'm converting all my birds to preservation quality and
I've been told this breed is in need of increased numbers/locations where they will be maintainted with breeding pairs overwintered.

Feel free to PM me it you have info. that is not for public posting.

Thanks
FeyRaine

I have some amazing DBLs. Their not really flightly if ya work with them. I got mine from a breeder about an hour away from me. I got them as eggs and hatched them myself. Here in Canada. on the Rare breeds list it says Brown leghorns, is that talking about both strains or the light strained?
Thanks, Oh I'll post pictures later. Or go to my website and I have birds there.

I have some amazing DBLs. Their not really flightly if ya work with them. I got mine from a breeder about an hour away from me. I got them as eggs and hatched them myself. Here in Canada. on the Rare breeds list it says Brown leghorns, is that talking about both strains or the light strained?
Thanks, Oh I'll post pictures later. Or go to my website and I have birds there.

I'm not familiar with the Canadian rare breeds list, but I would imagine it means both varieties.
What is your website?

Back
Top Bottom