BST Discussion

Good question. We may look into ways to auto-expire some old listings, but for now if someone forgets to close a listing and they get contacted by someone who wants to buy the item, that will be a quick reminder for them to do so.

Hi,
Not sure who to talk to or get help from. I have been trying to post a new listing in the auction thread for hatching eggs. I click on create to ad and it just takes me back to the thread without giving me a dialogue box to type my listing in.

Not sure what to do. I have posted in the buy sell trade thread before and currently do have a listing on the day old chicks thread but cant post in the hatching egg thread.

Can you please help me?
Thank you,
Tony
Your allowed number of active ads depends on yoru membership level. You can find that info here

I'm confused about bumping. My auction ad says it will auto bump in 12 days, but my auction ends in just a few hours and has no replies sense the first day or so. I fear it isn't being seen. Am I allowed to insert a bump reply to bring the auction back to attention? I can't find this in the Q&A. Thanks.

What i really miss about the auctions was to be able to search them by state. It was nice to search by my home state in chicks for sale that were local. Now i have to open up each post mostly to see where they are located to see if I am even interested. Any chance and being able to do this again in the future?

x1000

I was just about to post this. I would really like to see BYC require a location in the heading of auction/sale listings. I no longer use this system to search for birds for sale because there is no way to locate posts by sellers in my driving range.

What i really miss about the auctions was to be able to search them by state. It was nice to search by my home state in chicks for sale that were local. Now i have to open up each post mostly to see where they are located to see if I am even interested. Any chance and being able to do this again in the future?

Until the ability to have a field for location in the ad is built in, having the requirement to have a location is not possible.
It would take a lot of time to police, send a PM, wait for a response, check up on the ad, etc.

The thing is that if a seller doesn't put a location in their ad they won't get the sales. and if a buyer doesn't, then they don't get what they want to buy.

Most members have a location in their profile. So if something really really interests you, you may have to do some digging.....if you wanted to.

Hi, there!

First off, thank you for providing this awesome community. Now, my question: Is there a delay before the system acknowledges that you've reached the 20-post level? I need to post an ad, and have spent an enjoyable afternoon making posts on the forum (you've got some great folks here!). As you can see, I now have more than 20 posts, but still receive the "You are not allowed..." response.

Should I just take a chill pill for awhile? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.
smile.png

Great question! Yes, there can be a delay. It usually isn't very long, but sometimes the processes for providing group / user access can take an hour or in some very rare cases overnight.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom