Buff Orpington chicks. White feathers?

Everyone here will help! You can search and find people rainsing those meat birds and ask for advice via private messaging.... Keep us posted for more... Good luck!

The more pictures I look at, the more they look like Cornish X to me also. They look very much like these and I even noticed a few thinning fluff spots today when moving them.

If they are indeed CornishX you'll know in a week, they grow really fast. I agree that you should call Townline and try to sort it out now. Your not 100% at this point that they are meaties but are certain they are not what you ordered.

Meat birds are not much different that raising other birds. You don't want roosts for one thing as they get older and really heavy prior to bones being strong enough to support jumping. They are also much dirtier than other birds. That's only due to the fact that they eat and eat and eat some more so pens get dirty quicker.

There isn't a need to ration feed at this point as your not sure they are meaties. If they are you can feed a 20% starter feed straight through their lifespan. It's not the super high protein of broiler feed but certainly high enough and if meaties your not trying to grow them out as fast as you can for profit anyway. They'll be slaughtering weight 8 weeks on starter feed instead of 6 weeks on broiler feed with no rationing.

Well from the new pic I'm pretty sure these are cornish crosses.... BTW what is this Townline?

Last edited:
Well, i do not live in America, but i have not heard if that hatchery until now(i read a lot and talk with people)... So it's not that reputable i guess? Idk, anyways you should call them and tell them what happened, and the should say sorry and give you 10 buff orpington pullets.... Idk know if they will take those meaties back though....

I found some pictures of Jumbo Cornish Rock Crosses and they look exactly the same. I'll be on the phone with the hatchery first thing when they open Monday.

I was able to speak with the hatchery this morning and they are sending Buff Orpington pullets (hopefully correct this time) out today. I received shipping confirmation within an hour of speaking with them. Of course, I can't ship these meaties back, so now I'm trying to find someone to take them just for the amount I have in feed for them so far.

Back
Top Bottom