Buff Orpington chicks. White feathers?

I received by real Buff Orpington chicks and I can't believe the difference! They are so tiny and look completely different. I feel terrible for not figuring out the mistake with the first batch sooner. I have been trying to sell the first batch just for what I have in feed for them with no luck. I am not prepared to process them at all..and even if I did, I don't have freezer space for that many birds. If anyone is in Northern California, I'll gladly make you a deal.

these are my baby Buff Orpingtons. They are 6 weeks old..yours don't even look like these

Last edited:

Received my new chicks and was able to place the meaties yesterday. I can't believe the food and bedding I went through in less than 3 weeks just trying to keep those bottomless pits fed and smelling okay.

My Orpingtons I got were about that color when I got them. Around 4 weeks old when they filled in, their color darkened. They're about six months old now, no mistake, they're Buffs. One is in my profile pic. She was really drabby whiteish yellow colored as a chick and she's filled in as a nice light golden color.

Last edited:
We have a buff orp that color too - we call her Chicken Little and she's paler than the others. I think some have started calling this a Lemon Orp? Is yours more calm/friendly? Poor thing was my kids' favorite and she was pretty patient with them!

Back
Top Bottom