*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Gosh, Johnn! Wherever you live, it is beautiful country! Love the backdrop to the chickens! How is Daisy?? Still hanging in there??

The pigmentation commonly washes out on older hens' combs, legs, etc. that have laid for a long time. As long as their feathers look good, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you're feeding them a nutritious diet.

Thank you very much for answering. I'm still very much in the learning phase of caring for chickens, and I want to make sure that I do best by them. I appreciate your information! Their feathers look great, slightly fluffly like a few might be ready to molt, but shiny and they preen in the sunshine quite a bit. Thanks again
smile.png

I am the proud new mama of some stunning BO's. I recently added a trio of some super stunning 12 week old BOs to my 4 hatchery girls.

The trio chicks are clearly way bigger, fully, and have more feathers than the hatchery girls and they are younger too.

This makes one cockerel and 6 pullets.

The names are still up for debate! I am so excited because my hatchery girls are 21 weeks old on Wednesday and I am anxiously awaiting THE FIRST EGG!!! I cant wait for the BABIES!!!

My sweet cockerel and his two girls are my Trio thanks to the DragonLady!

Here is the TRIO:

Ok now this one is a hatchery girl who jumped up on my arm which was a first for me and her and as you can see I am shocked and excited... and also a little scared that she would peck my eye because she is really gawking at my eyeball with interest lol :)

They roost every night in this exact formation... Looking at the photo, the Trio is always on the left and the hatchery girls are always on the right with the cockerel in the middle...

[COLOR=333333] [COLOR=141823]Bella's mothers left her chicks now. In about 3 weeks I will be complaint about her being broody again. Mark my words[/COLOR]
10401913_10201092396551711_3504841354476272443_n.jpg
10462490_10201092396831718_8082156969113986376_n.jpg
[COLOR=141823]Daisy wanting my tissue[/COLOR]
10460128_10201085573701144_759875359266422976_n.jpg
[/COLOR]

Wow what scenery! Those are some lucky chickens.

I am the proud new mama of some stunning BO's. I recently added a trio of some super stunning 12 week old BOs to my 4 hatchery girls.

The trio chicks are clearly way bigger, fully, and have more feathers than the hatchery girls and they are younger too.

This makes one cockerel and 6 pullets.

The names are still up for debate! I am so excited because my hatchery girls are 21 weeks old on Wednesday and I am anxiously awaiting THE FIRST EGG!!! I cant wait for the BABIES!!!

My sweet cockerel and his two girls are my Trio thanks to the DragonLady!

Here is the TRIO:

Ok now this one is a hatchery girl who jumped up on my arm which was a first for me and her and as you can see I am shocked and excited... and also a little scared that she would peck my eye because she is really gawking at my eyeball with interest lol :)

They roost every night in this exact formation... Looking at the photo, the Trio is always on the left and the hatchery girls are always on the right with the cockerel in the middle...
Very pretty birds you have there! :)

Grrr... sorry I messed up who was who there!
he.gif
One of those days! So many beautiful birds to keep track of! I am so glad she pulled through! I am amazed at what these animals can come back from!

Back
Top Bottom