*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Pics
I have to be honest I have the English bug but still agree with great birds from US. Orpingtons both US and English have stolen my heart. Trying to keep the English from stealing my wallet :).

VIVI is one nice lady who I am sending one of my CUCKOO Orp cockerels to and I only charged her $100 for everything to ship the bird. To me that is a fair price. It will be at least $70 to $80 to just ship the bird. That is deep enough into one's pocket. I hear of those charging $400 for a bird. And that is just too much for a bird.

Yes
VIVI is one nice lady who I am sending one of my CUCKOO Orp cockerels to and I only charged her $100 for everything to ship the bird.  To me that is a fair price.  It will be at least $70 to $80 to just ship the bird.  That is  deep enough into one's pocket.  I hear of those charging $400 for a bird.  And that is just too much for a bird.
Wish I had it too spend but if I did hubby would put my on the streets if I spend that much on a one chicken. I still love to dream about them..

Yes Wish I had it too spend but if I did hubby would put my on the streets if I spend that much on a one chicken. I still love to dream about them..
Just wait for the days that will come when you do not have to buy em and you can make em as good as any on this site. Then hubby will smile and understand what it is all about with us crazy chicken folks. lol

Last edited:
Just tell hubby you "bought 6 birds, but the other five must have escaped somewhere in transit!"

Be sure to bat your eyelashes and give the innocent puppy dog eyes too!

Thanks, I'd love to, but it would have to wait. More roosters would mess up my flock dynamic and $$ is short. I will keep you in mind for the future!

We have two buff orpington hens and they are probably my favorite hens. We named them Lois and Loretta. Lois is huge! She is the same size as our wyandotte rooster. She also happens to be my sons favorite chicken. Absolutely love them and would get more in a heartbeat! Here are some pics of our girls:

We have two buff orpington hens and they are probably my favorite hens. We named them Lois and Loretta. Lois is huge! She is the same size as our wyandotte rooster. She also happens to be my sons favorite chicken. Absolutely love them and would get more in a heartbeat! Here are some pics of our girls:

Oh she is beautiful! Do you show your chickens?

Oh she is beautiful! Do you show your chickens?
Ah thanks! No we don't show our chickens. I think our two actually have some sort of genetic problem. I was out of town when they started laying so I have no idea when or how this happened. But when I returned from my trip both were egg bound with what I am assuming were their first eggs. One had her egg stuck inside of her vent and the vent had prolapsed and looked like it had been that way for awhile. We actually had to cut the egg out and clean her daily and keep her in a dog crate in the garage until she healed and could return to the flock. The other one was egg bound too but after soaking her twice she managed to expel it. It was a very gross experience. They both had maggots arounds their vents as well. Since it happened to only the buff orpingtons that we purchased together from the same store I think is must be a genetic issue with their line. But I am happy to say that both hens are fine now and laying like crazy without a problem. The things we do for our chickens :).

Back
Top Bottom