*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I do have a question. I went to the feed store that someone recommended near my home and they told me that I should not get another chicken because it would make this one nicer. That sounds like crap to me as I have only ever heard I need 2 more (which trust me in the twin cities area I'm not having the best luck finding). Any truth to that? (The lady I was talking to also told me she only ever calls chicken dinner)
Idiots! I've yet to trust any Feed Store or TSC employee with ANY question harder than where the closest gas station is!

Well Happy 2 month anniversary to Lulu who has officially called our house home for that long. I believe at this point Lulu has lived with us longer than anywhere else. Still no eggs. Still no crowing. I do have a question. I went to the feed store that someone recommended near my home and they told me that I should not get another chicken because it would make this one nicer. That sounds like crap to me as I have only ever heard I need 2 more (which trust me in the twin cities area I'm not having the best luck finding). Any truth to that? (The lady I was talking to also told me she only ever calls chicken dinner) Also there was some hilarity... Lulu does not appreciate being on a leash.....
So my first ever order of chickens was 2 6 Wk old buffs. When the birds arrived, One was dead. I named the other Stella and ordered two more birds to arrive in a month. Stella followed me around like a dog for that whole month. We caught bugs for her, dug worms for her. Now, we have the two others so she's no longer alone. She's not nearly as affectionate as she was as an only chicken. Maybe that's what the person meant? She's not mean but she is not lonely anymore

Got my 3 buff orps yesterday!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
First chickens ever!!!!

I'm excited to see what kind of hens they make! I've heard nothing but good things about them.
1f601.png
I think you will be happy with them.

I only have two Buff Girls, they are both sweet, but have distinct personalities. One is quiet, lady like and very gentle. The other one is named Lucy (I Love Lucy) - she very much fits that description - wants to be seen AND heard, gentle and digs all.day.long...she digs holes, lots of them -- the other girls wait and then dust bathe in them. She makes a ruckus when someone takes over a hole she is working on, it quite a daily scene. Love to watch them all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom