*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Hey guys, I am trying to find a sweet home for my little Buff Orpington rooster. He is 6 weeks old, very healthy and sweet. He loves climbing on my shoulder or simply sitting in my lap, I sold most of my chickens a few days ago and since they didn't want all the roosters, he got left all alone. I am near Hillsville, VA and I'd like to get $5 for him. Please help me find this lil guy a great home!

Unfortunately unless you are selling him to eat little roosters can be hard to rehome. The way I do it is to sell them in trios only if I need to move roosters. Many people will rconsider keeping a rooster to get a good deal on hens.
1f60a.png

Unfortunately unless you are selling him to eat little roosters can be hard to rehome. The way I do it is to sell them in trios only if I need to move roosters. Many people will rconsider keeping a rooster to get a good deal on hens.
1f60a.png

Thanks for the advice. I know it might be hard to find him a home, but maybe there is someone out there.....

Thanks for the advice. I know it might be hard to find him a home, but maybe there is someone out there.....

I had an accidental hatchery rooster and found someone on Craig's list looking for free animals for their mini farm. The lady picked him up in a Mercedes so I don't think she was going to eat him.

My other two 'roos were fancy English Orpingtons (I had to get straight run since they came from a breeder)--I went to a farmer's market and talked to a nice couple who were selling eggs---they were happy to take the boys since their two roo's were getting old. We took them to the farm and I was satisfied that they were going to get a decent home. I gave them away though--they wouldn't have taken them if I asked for money. I found the "looking for a home" so stressful that I bought my SLW as a pullet rather than as straight run chicks. Keep looking for that home, don't worry about getting any money for him. I have a friend who drove around Amish country until she found a home for her Black Copper Maran boy. GOOD LUCK!

[COLOR=333333][COLOR=1D2129]Orp girls [/COLOR]
1f60d.png
[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
17190630_10206392230724253_8140007360069475784_n.jpg
[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
17191441_10206392230684252_1060817088087898651_n.jpg
[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
1f31e.png
[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
17155870_10206401407793674_6660445700077068722_n.jpg
[/COLOR]
Your girls are gorgeous!!! This may be s dumb question- but are those what Orpingtons always look like or are those like high class show Orpingtons? I'm planning on getting a few in the next month or so and I've seen English Orpingtons and Orpingtons advertised- is it the same thing? Or is there something I should be looking for in particular to get beautiful ones like yours
1f60b.png

English orpingtons are the way to go if you want something that big, fluffy and round. The American, or standard, orps and less so...

Just 2 days after asking about broody hens!! Yippie!! She's been sleeping on the eggs all day and even pecked me when I reached in! I hope she stays, this will be a first for us!

This is her own little broody house, I already moved her to it because the other hens were trying to jump in the nest. She didn't mind, I just picked up the whole box to more her.

Back
Top Bottom