*Buff Orpington Thread!*

These are my girls, taking a break after watching, oops I mean supervising, me all morning.

I LOVE my Buffs, these girls are 7 now, and adjusting to the new invaders. I have two more baby buffs, an EE and a Black Australorp, getting two SS Friday. they go out in a closed off area in the middle of the run.
We moved last September and they have so much more room now, they are really good with the chicken fencing, the electric stuff.
WHEW!!! All that supervising wore them out
lol.png
They look nice and comfy, ready for you to do something else for them now!

New babies are soooo fun! Mine arrived last week and they are getting big! 2 White Plymouth Rocks, 2 Australorpes and 2 New Hampshire Reds. 1 MEAL MAKER - that should be an egg layer - looks like another WR (?) but is slightly different than the other 2, maybe it's a B.O.Y.
roll.png
I hope not.

That sounds exciting. When is hatch day? I'd love to see some pictures of them. Been super busy here. Working on integration of 6 teenagers into the big coop with original 6 hens. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be. I have a couple ringleader bullies who are making it take longer. Had to rig a safety corner with a roost and all for them and made hiding spots in the run yesterday. Still have 6 babies in the house. It keeps me busy but I love it.

I am really excited! Hatch date for 55 of them is a week from today, Tuesday the 18th, and then I have 7 more Buff Orpingtons that will hatch five days later, once the incubators are empty from that, I am setting some eggs that I traded for with an Orpington breeder on here, definitely setting a dozen Lavender Orps and he said he might include some extra Blue and Red Orpingtons depending on what he has available when he ships them out. Super exciting!

I hope the integration will start making some progress in the next few days! Did you see the Topic of the Week this week? Might be some helpful tips in there.

These are my buff orpingtons. What age would you say they are? We've had them for 2 weeks, bought them at a local feed store.

They are 4 "pullets" according to the feed store. We'll see....

Here Dragon. "He" is one of the 4. We don't know if he is actually a he, but my son says so. Lol. Dragon is very adventurous. He loves to climb in this old fence. Only one of the BOs who climbs on it.

My family got ten chicks in all, and my parents let us each choose one breed for our own, and I chose two BOs! (2 because my dad let me choose/have his) here are some pictures of them recently....

The bigger one is Filly (I made the mistake of letting my dad name her...his original name for her was Chick-Fill-A...) and the smaller one is Marmalade, or Lady for short

They are already so sweet and calm and they LOVE to perch on my shoulder! which I love...:)

Last edited:
My family got ten chicks in all, and my parents let us each choose one breed for our own, and I chose two BOs! (2 because my dad let me choose/have his) here are some pictures of them recently....

The bigger one is Filly (I made the mistake of letting my dad name her...his original name for her was Chick-Fill-A...) and the smaller one is Marmalade, or Lady for short

They are already so sweet and calm and they LOVE to perch on my shoulder! which I love...:)

They are just adorable! BO's are so sweet, I think you will enjoy them very much
smile.png

Does anyone have photos of a cockerel at 4.5 weeks and a pullet at the same age?
I am trying my hardest to determine what my bo is (we bought it for my niece but it is at my house sobI call it mine lol). Reason for asking if it turns out to be a roo she has to take it with her, I have to many as it is.
Silkie roo
OEGB roo
Barred rock roosters x3

Does anyone have photos of a cockerel at 4.5 weeks and a pullet at the same age?
I am trying my hardest to determine what my bo is (we bought it for my niece but it is at my house sobI call it mine lol). Reason for asking if it turns out to be a roo she has to take it with her, I have to many as it is.
Silkie roo
OEGB roo
Barred rock roosters x3

I'll try to find a pic for you but my BO roo was obvious by like 2-3 weeks compared to the pullets. His comb started to develop very quickly. Do you have a pic of yours?

Back
Top Bottom