Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

Jean and Lynne,
I'm trying to keep up with everything you've tried, so if I missed this, my apologies. I would unsubscribe to just two or three of your most frequently used topics, and also mark to NOT receive email notifications of your PM's. Then log out. Now log back in, and reset your subscriptions and PM email notification.
fl.gif

I have a junk folder with hotmail, but there is nothing coming in that folder from BYC.

I will try what you suggested Coopa.

ETA - OK did it. Now someone please post something here and send me a PM......

Last edited:
I have a junk folder with hotmail, but there is nothing coming in that folder from BYC.

I will try what you suggested Coopa.

Jean, I'm on hotmail as well, so that's one issue we can eliminate.

But what I did notice this morning was that the monthly BYC Newsletter was sent out, and that did go into my junk mail folder - it's from a different address from the normal BYC emails.

First off, I don't think it is my computer. Everything was running fine until Tuesday when the site went down for maintenance or whatever. I have a PC. I am running Windows 7, IE 9. I do not log into BYC from any other computer.

I have already unsubscribed and resubscribed to my topics. I cleaned my internet cache and just a couple weeks ago reinstalled Norton and it checked my computer to see if I needed to do a clean up/defrag and I was fine. I have even gone in and retyped my e-mail address and updated.

I am not getting any notifications on private messages either, so this just doesn't affect the subscriptions.

OK. Sounds like you're fairly current on everything. I will note that if you're online a LOT, clearing your internet cache every couple of weeks is not often enough. Since you're using IE9 something I would recommend would be to clear the cache every time you close the browser. There is an option to do this automatically. It's on the 'general' settings tab under internet options.
If I understand your problem you said that everything was working fine up until earlier in the week, then you stopped getting email notifications from everything that sends email (posts, pm's, newsletter)? I assume everything else is working? You can still login, post, comment, etc correct? It's down to just email? Do you have another email you could use to test notifications? Just trying to narrow down the problem.
Pretty sure you've done this already too, but it's another thing to try/check. Click on the "My Profile" button at the top of the page & double check your account settings. This is where your primary notification settings are for your BYC profile. Make sure the notifications you want to get are checked. One way to reset these check boxes would be to uncheck all of them & click 'save'. Then go back in & re-check the ones you want to receive & click 'save' again. This should 'refresh' your settings on the server. Also, double check to make sure the email address listed is correct & that it didn't pick up any spaces or weird characters during the site conversion.
Also, another thing to expect with a site with this many active users is that 'immediate' email notifications won't be 'instantaneous'. They can still take a while to receive depending on how busy the email server is at the time the post is made & how many users are online.
Sorry that things aren't running so smooth for you. If I think of anything else to try I'll be sure to post it. I know the BYC admins DO read thru these posts so the more details & information you can provide on the problems you're having ARE helpful.

Back
Top Bottom