Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

I have done all that and I never had a problem getting my notifications except they were set to "pause". I took the pause off about two weeks ago and I was getting every single update with no problems.

Now suddenly I am not getting my notifications and

NO ONE WILL FREAKIN ACKNOWLEDGE ME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep breath
fl.gif
Maybe this will help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mail-subscription-notifications-unsubscribing

I've already posted on that thread too and I have already done everything suggested.
I also had trouble but now mine is working fine. I would love to help ya fix it but I got no clue what I did. I just followed somebody's directions.
Keep in mind that I am no computer wizard (more like dummy in my case). But I would really recommend trying what WichitaKidd said in post #502.

Hey CR,

Thanks for trying to help, but I have looked into everything posted there on #502.
sad.png

I'm just not loved anymore.......

Can you share what type of computer you have (PC or Mac)? What operating system you are running (Windows 95/98/XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS)? What web browser you are using & what version (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Mozilla, etc)? Do you have any other devices "logged in" to BYC (cell phone, laptop, iPad, another computer)? I helped someone a couple weeks ago who had 4 different computers all logged into their BYC account at the same time. Logging them all off & then logging back in on just 1 computer did the trick for them. Something else to try that I've seen work is the "unsubscribe" & "re-subscribe" process that was mentioned earlier. Definitely worth a try especially if you were subscribed to certain threads or forums prior to the website upgrade. Curious if you subscribe to a new thread/forum now does it act normally?
I'm willing to toss ideas out for people to try in hopes that something will click.
Hang in there. It will get better!
thumbsup.gif

First off, I don't think it is my computer. Everything was running fine until Tuesday when the site went down for maintenance or whatever. I have a PC. I am running Windows 7, IE 9. I do not log into BYC from any other computer.

I have already unsubscribed and resubscribed to my topics. I cleaned my internet cache and just a couple weeks ago reinstalled Norton and it checked my computer to see if I needed to do a clean up/defrag and I was fine. I have even gone in and retyped my e-mail address and updated.

I am not getting any notifications on private messages either, so this just doesn't affect the subscriptions.

First off, I don't think it is my computer. Everything was running fine until Tuesday when the site went down for maintenance or whatever. I have a PC. I am running Windows 7, IE 9. I do not log into BYC from any other computer.

I have already unsubscribed and resubscribed to my topics. I cleaned my internet cache and just a couple weeks ago reinstalled Norton and it checked my computer to see if I needed to do a clean up/defrag and I was fine. I have even gone in and retyped my e-mail address and updated.

I am not getting any notifications on private messages either, so this just doesn't affect the subscriptions.

I am sure you have checked your spam folder? Try using a different email address? I originally had a problem because I was using my email from my domain (christiesnails.com) and for some reason BYC didn't like that, tho it had been using it for ages before and even after the big change. Just one day it didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom