Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Would a ramp type section there be advantageous?
Probably, but meeting the slant side might be tricky. Could leave it as-is, but I really want to cover the floor somehow. I guess if DH can build that little six sided Firetower coop he designed and built years ago, he can figure out the angles, but his back is worse now so I try to keep things as simple as possible.

I am getting the fun house effect, which end is up?

Sorry, I leaned over the edge to take the picture and it tilted.
hide.gif

Ah...kinda missed the trapezoid part....was thinking more of a simple ramp to wheel supplies up into main area of barn.

Could make a pattern(as a quilter, you know patterns, right?) of the area out of heavy paper or cardboard to apply to either a rubber mat or plywood.

Ah...kinda missed the trapezoid part....was thinking more of a simple ramp to wheel supplies up into main area of barn.

Could make a pattern(as a quilter, you know patterns, right?) of the area out of heavy paper or cardboard to apply to either a rubber mat or plywood.
Cutting plywood to shape would be no problem, just framing it out with the angles would take some time. I'm sure we'll figure it out. Not sure what we'll tackle next, depends on DH. He has to drive 25 miles south to get a new MRI on his back tomorrow in prep for going to a pain clinic an hour away in Cleveland, TN, for the first time, though I have my doubts that will work out. If they start on trying to treat him as if it's a simple muscular issue, he'll be out of there before they can say Welcome to...... It's so far beyond that. He is missing several discs now, lots of nerve pain. He battles it with more strength than I could muster, but the jobs we tackle are smaller and smaller with longer breaks in between. As it is, he is dreading just riding the mower to cut the pasture for the first time, all the bouncing, though it's a pretty large mower, 22 HP, auto transmission. But, has to be done and I don't know how to handle this mower. Maybe I should just learn, but if I break it, my name is MUD! Coyotes could sneak through the grass, it's about that tall now. Sure looks pretty.

Hope they can offer some help. And you should learn to mow, it can be very zen-like out in a big field - circling over and over. Even my big tractor gives me rough ride, though.

Stall mats can be cut to shape, and are good heavy-duty rubber.

Hope they can offer some help. And you should learn to mow, it can be very zen-like out in a big field - circling over and over. Even my big tractor gives me rough ride, though.

Stall mats can be cut to shape, and are good heavy-duty rubber.

I used to do the push mower, but not happening on that pasture, nosirree! I really do need to learn to operate that mower. It's a pretty good one, though husband says it doesn't back up/maneuver like our ancient Weedeater one that is broken in the middle of the pasture. That one blew an engine rod after 20 years of hard, abusive use. Need to haul it out of there soon.

I used to do the push mower, but not happening on that pasture, nosirree!  I really do need to learn to operate that mower. It's a pretty good one, though husband says it doesn't back up/maneuver like our ancient Weedeater one that is broken in the middle of the pasture. That one blew an engine rod after 20 years of hard, abusive use. Need to haul it out of there soon.
You can do it, I love mowing the lawn on the rider, haven't touched a push mower in years.

Back
Top Bottom