building paradise for the birds

Happy bird day from me here too! Gonna watch what and how Ur building the pens too. Wouldn't be able to do that much up here in the northwestern corner of WI as we still have almost 2' of snow on the ground. But with the weather warming up this coming week we might just have us a bare brown Christmas this year!

Gonna see if I can find the aerial pics I made of the pens. Standing up on the roof. Lol. Then gonna post them too. Don't have the moneys or luxury to build with 2x4 that much so we used pallets we got for free. But turned out pretty good I'd say! Enjoy ur day before going back to work on the pens!
hey I was just in menominee...and got some peach goldens....such pretty birds...

@birdman55 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Progress is looking good
big_smile.png

Mink are my worst in pen problem,hawks get my free range chickens
what you guys need is a dog like I have in my avatar.. that is a Maremma..
my female just had four puppies on Thanksgiving ..
I also have a male.. Gus and Frankie..
nothing ventures into my yard.. I do not even close up the chicken coop at night..

I just came in from my shop.. I planed all the boards for the legs of the plucker I am starting to build.
I spent a little time lubricating about a dozen clamps.. I have to glue up 3 boards for each leg..
I use Gorilla Glue.. impervious to water..

.......jiminwiscwishingyouahappybirthday..........

What troubles me most is the rats, they are a problem for me, very headache, they can kill adult pigeon and juvenile chickens. So now i have raised two cats, though the cats can catch small rats, the problem hasn't solved. The rats will kill and eat pigeons, juvenile chickens and juvenile ducks sometimes still

What troubles me most is the rats, they are a problem for me, very headache, they can kill adult pigeon and juvenile chickens. So now i have raised two cats, though the cats can catch small rats, the problem hasn't solved. The rats will kill and eat pigeons, juvenile chickens and juvenile ducks sometimes still

1 out of 3 cats kill for fun you must have gotten unlucky my cats kill anything that's not another pet (rats,mice,snakes,lizards and wild birds) I would prefer not the birds/reptiles but it's worth it to keep down the rodent population

Back
Top Bottom