Bumblefoot - Calling All Crunchy Natural Folks

A favorite hangout - snuggling in front of the garage. And our 'Scovies always like to be elevated, even if only by a couple feet atop a bag of leaves. :)

Love your signature, Miss Lydia. Happy New Year and hope all had a wonderful Christmas!

A favorite hangout - snuggling in front of the garage. And our 'Scovies always like to be elevated, even if only by a couple feet atop a bag of leaves.
smile.png

Love your signature, Miss Lydia. Happy New Year and hope all had a wonderful Christmas!
Nice pic... But wheres the snow?? lolMy scovy's like to be elevated too, it's quite comical to look out and see them lined up on the large rocks that line our walk way..

Good to see you @Homesteadin

Happy New Year to you all too.

Last edited:
Nice pic... But wheres the snow?? lolMy scovy's like to be elevated too, it's quite comical to look out and see them lined up on the large rocks that line our walk way..

Good to see you @Homesteadin

Happy New Year to you all too. 

It hasn't been a very snowy Coloado winter so far. In that picture it was actually lightly flurry-ing. Now it's all sunshiny and warm enough to go out in a light sweater. Funny thing is some of our worst snow storms come during Spring Break!

Do you clip your muscovies wings, Miss Lydia?

It hasn't been a very snowy Coloado winter so far. In that picture it was actually lightly flurry-ing. Now it's all sunshiny and warm enough to go out in a light sweater. Funny thing is some of our worst snow storms come during Spring Break!

Do you clip your muscovies wings, Miss Lydia?
Yes I clip one wing on all my females. I have a good chart if you need one.

We can have some dozy of snow storms in March so even though we've only had a dusting so far everyone seems to think we'll get a biggie before it's over. We're just now getting our winter cold. It's been like spring here or what fall would be like if fall extended all the way to first day of winter.

Yes I clip one wing on all my females. I have a good chart if you need one.

We can have some dozy of snow storms in March so even though we've only had a dusting so far everyone seems to think we'll get a biggie before it's over. We're just now getting our winter cold. It's been like spring here or what fall would be like if fall extended all the way to first day of winter.

I'd love the see the chart. We've never done it before and I think ours are getting to the age of being mature enough to fly if they wanted to. We've been seeing them practice their takeoffs lately. :)

It's been a lot like spring or late fall here, too, just with a couple small snowstorms. I do hope we get more moisture. Eastern Colorado always needs a boost in that department!

I'd love the see the chart. We've never done it before and I think ours are getting to the age of being mature enough to fly if they wanted to. We've been seeing them practice their takeoffs lately. :)

It's been a lot like spring or late fall here, too, just with a couple small snowstorms. I do hope we get more moisture. Eastern Colorado always needs a boost in that department!
It is fairly easy to do and once you've done it you'll feel much more comfortable about it. and it doesn't hurt them just their feelings but they get over it pretty fast especially if snacks are given afterward. And knowing they are safe at homes makes it worthwhile they may be mad for a while.
wink.png

Well I can say with out a fact we are in winter Lows tonight in single digits.. Thankfully only to last about 3 nights though
Hope ya'll see rain soon we have sure had it here.

LL

It is fairly easy to do and once you've done it you'll feel much more comfortable about it. and it doesn't hurt them just their feelings but they get over it pretty fast especially if snacks are given afterward. And knowing they are safe at homes makes it worthwhile they may be mad for a while. ;) Well I can say with out a fact we are in winter Lows tonight in single digits.. Thankfully only to last about 3 nights though Hope ya'll see rain soon we have sure had it here.
LL
Thank you that's a great diagram. I know for sure one of them is going to be really mad - our chocolate one. She's our non-friendly one and is hard to catch in the first place. I had to help our other one with a little frost bite a couple weeks ago and she just didn't like being immobilized in my arms and one she would get herself free she'd just hang out and want to stand on my hand or leg. They are strong!

Thank you that's a great diagram. I know for sure one of them is going to be really mad - our chocolate one. She's our non-friendly one and is hard to catch in the first place. I had to help our other one with a little frost bite a couple weeks ago and she just didn't like being immobilized in my arms and one she would get herself free she'd just hang out and want to stand on my hand or leg. They are strong!
Yes they are strong. you'll have to walk behind them into a building into a corner that is how I catch mine. I actually walk one at time inside their house and close the door that way they can't escape. Once I have one I squat down over top and have them facing same direction as me holding them between my knees I pull the wing all the way out and clip.Holding them this way lets you have 2 hands free. Just keep a good squeeze on them or they can get away. It's always good to do the clipping inside at first till you feel confident with everything that way if one slips out of grip they are not about to give you the run around outside. They stay mad at you for a few days but meal worms always softens them back up.

Yes they are strong. you'll have to walk behind them into a building into a corner that is how I catch mine.  I actually walk one at time inside their house and close the door that way they can't escape. Once I have one I squat down over top and have them facing same direction as me holding them between my knees I pull the wing all the way out and clip.Holding them this way lets you have 2 hands free. Just keep a good squeeze on them or they can get away. It's always good to do the clipping inside at first till you feel confident with everything that way if one slips out of grip they are not about to give you the run around outside. They stay mad at you for a few days but meal worms always softens them back up.

We'll have some meal worms ready :) I need to not be so afraid to hurt them I think. Sounds like you're not afraid to get a good handle on them.

We'll have some meal worms ready
smile.png
I need to not be so afraid to hurt them I think. Sounds like you're not afraid to get a good handle on them.
They are hardy little cookies you really can't hurt them if your careful. Get dh to help first time after that you'll be a pro. Heck I've been clipping wings now for 11 yrs. My daddy showed me how.. He lived on a farm when he was a youngster.

Back
Top Bottom