Bumblefoot - Calling All Crunchy Natural Folks

Do not use masking tape. Buy vet tape at the chemist and get a non adhesive pad. We went through a severe bumble foot from an adopted duck.
12 weeks antibiotics and 3 surgeries. All good now. He was a pekin. There is a substance in masking tape that causes an irritation. When it is open, wash out with chlohexadine broken down
Welcome to BYC @farmer joal

Lol they're really on the lookout! We really want to build a small pond in the ground by digging a spot out and lining it with a pool liner. Just would like to figure out an inexpensive way to keep the water clean or at least keep it moving. Don't want it to just turn into a built-in muck pit.
A pond would be nice there are lots of info here to read up on that members have used so you may find something workable.
I had a plastic dish pan with water in it sitting out side my back door today to wash my shoes off since the spring was frozen first thing this morning well this afternoon Missy tried her best to figure out how to get in the pan I was ready with the cameras if she ever did but she gave up. lol [Missy is my goose]

Do not use masking tape. Buy vet tape at the chemist and get a non adhesive pad. We went through a severe bumble foot from an adopted duck.
12 weeks antibiotics and 3 surgeries. All good now. He was a pekin. There is a substance in masking tape that causes an irritation. When it is open, wash out with chlohexadine broken down

Glad your adopted pekin is all better! Good of you to put in the effort needed to heal him up.

A pond would be nice  there are lots of info here to read up on that members have used so you may find something workable.
I had a plastic dish pan with water in it sitting out side my back door today to wash my shoes off since the spring was frozen first thing this morning well this afternoon Missy tried her best to figure out how to get in the pan I was ready with the cameras if she ever did but she gave up. lol [Missy is my goose]

Missy is a little "miss-chevious" it sounds like :p

It was about 55-60 degrees here today so we got a lot of stuff done outside and a little sun on our faces. Got a pool and boy were the ducks happy to have a swim! I think it is supposed to snow 8-10 inches starting Tuesday so we'll see what the weather actually does. It is very coomon in CO for a big snow storm to be predicted with the result being a lille dusting on the ground that's melted within 12 hrs.

Oh and I have seen the pond thread on this site! My husband always knows when I do because I suddenly come up with all kinds of ideas that I want to do now!

Last edited:
The DH is getting to know our stove so we're ready for the blizzard. If it comes. :) We are in the process of painting walls.

The DH is getting to know our stove so we're ready for the blizzard. If it comes.
smile.png
We are in the process of painting walls.

Looks like he is reading the stove a story..LOL and your further along than me so far I have the paint sitting on the floor but that is it.
hmm.png

Your stove looks really nice and inviting, I love wood heat..

Looks like he is reading the stove a story..LOL and your further along than me so far I have the paint sitting on the floor but that is it.  :/

Your stove looks really nice and inviting, I love wood heat..

It DOES look like he's reading it a story hahaha :D
He's a bigtime manual reader - he went through every word of that thing. I'm a little less of a play-by-the-rules kind of person. But I'll admit that gets me in a fix sometimes. :/ We love the stove! We loaded it up and it gave heat for 12 hrs on medium-high while using wood that burns pretty quickly, Excited to see how it does with better wood.

What colors are you going to paint with? I am the worst person about painting - always changing my mind about colors and what goes where.

It DOES look like he's reading it a story hahaha
big_smile.png

He's a bigtime manual reader - he went through every word of that thing. I'm a little less of a play-by-the-rules kind of person. But I'll admit that gets me in a fix sometimes.
hmm.png
We love the stove! We loaded it up and it gave heat for 12 hrs on medium-high while using wood that burns pretty quickly, Excited to see how it does with better wood.

What colors are you going to paint with? I am the worst person about painting - always changing my mind about colors and what goes where.
I always taught my kids when they were growing up to read the directions I am still a stickler for that. Thankfully dh reads up on big things we buy then tries to relay the directions in a way I can understand I do much better hands on too.

Last time I painted my whole inside of the house turned into different shades of green and that was about 5 yrs or more ago so I am going back to slightly different shades of creamy warm whites . Pick for downstairs bedroom is Milk Paint by Olympic That is my first stop.

I always taught my kids when they were growing up to read the directions I am still a stickler for that. Thankfully dh reads up on big things we buy then tries to relay the directions in a way I can understand I do much better hands on too.

Last time I painted my whole inside of the house turned into different shades of green and that was about 5 yrs or more ago so I am going back to slightly different shades of creamy warm whites . Pick for downstairs bedroom is Milk Paint by Olympic That is my first stop.

You taught them right. I am too much of a stubborn "free-spirited" person that gets myself in trouble from trying to wrestle things through my own way.
roll.png

Green is my favorite! But I bet it will be nice to freshen things up with some warm creamy colors. I'll be going with a combo of light blue, gray, and light taupe. Hopefully I don't change my mind in the process from now forward or I'll start driving my husband (who is doing the bulk of the painting) nuts - I've already decided the color on the wall in the photo you saw is too dark and I took it in to get adjusted.

Well the blizzard actually came! We are mostly getting tons of crazy freezing wind but not a super lot of snow yet. We are just outside of Colorado Springs, and in the Springs they are getting dumped on. It is definitely COLD. The stove is holding up fine, though.

'Cept for us it's ducks.

You taught them right. I am too much of a stubborn "free-spirited" person that gets myself in trouble from trying to wrestle things through my own way.
roll.png

Green is my favorite! But I bet it will be nice to freshen things up with some warm creamy colors. I'll be going with a combo of light blue, gray, and light taupe. Hopefully I don't change my mind in the process from now forward or I'll start driving my husband (who is doing the bulk of the painting) nuts - I've already decided the color on the wall in the photo you saw is too dark and I took it in to get adjusted.

Well the blizzard actually came! We are mostly getting tons of crazy freezing wind but not a super lot of snow yet. We are just outside of Colorado Springs, and in the Springs they are getting dumped on. It is definitely COLD. The stove is holding up fine, though.

'Cept for us it's ducks.

Now that person is cold lol We saw on the news ya'll were to get a blizzard. and looks like your little one is enjoying the warmth of the fire. Pretty fire too.

Your colors sound very soothing. I love greens too but tired of them now so time for a change. Now that we have the outside things painted I'll be starting on the downstairs bedroom first work my way to the living room then upstairs maybe by march 21st I'll be through.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom