Bumblefoot, not getting better

She's actually having the surgery today. Sorry for not replying, I've been stressing pretty badly. I'm getting ready to drop her off, in about thirty minutes. I'm crossing my fingers, and I hope everything goes great. I'll keep you all posted. Again, thanks so much for being supportive!

IMG_2102.JPG
Guess who had a successful surgery and is now glad to be home? Yep, Daisy made it!

I worried myself sick until I got the call from the vet. I cried, I prayed, I was hateful with everyone, it was just awful, so I am VERY relieved, and oh so happy!

Now it's healing time. According to the doctor, there is a chance that the infection isn't completely gone, or there may be a foreign body (such as a splinter) left behind that didn't get flushed out. So, I'll have to monitor her progress and keep her check up appointments, along with giving her her medicine, and we'll just have to go from there.

The vet did talk good though, and it seems like we are okay as long as everything got flushed out. If not, I suppose it'll be another surgery. Until we know, though, he wants to make sure the medicine is working and change it if it's not.

Bottom line, she's okay! She seems to be feeling better already. She does have a drain, which I'm worried about her trying to bite and pull out, but the infection can now finish draining. I believe she's going to be fine, but it'll be awhile before she can start walking again.

I'll continue with the updates, and again, thanks so much! You have no idea how much all the support helped get us through this, you guys rock!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Daisy is doing great, her foot is draining like it should, and she has an appointment for Tuesday to have the drain removed. She's actually been standing on the bad foot a little bit!

She's definitely getting the "royal treatment" through this. She's been getting plenty of snacks, she's been getting sang to (she actually falls asleep to "hush little baby", the cutest thing I've ever seen), and she's been sleeping in a baby bath in the bed. With me. Yep, I'm sleeping with my pet duck.

I never thought I would feel so much love for an animal, but this duck is like my baby.

I'll continue with the updates!

Hey everyone. Daisy went back to the vet today. Worries have started setting back in, but we're remaining hopeful.

The antibiotics aren't helping, so the vet sent off a culture (not really sure if that's the right way to say that, so please bear with me!) to see if they could find a new medicine that will help fight the infection.

They removed the drain plug and sent Daisy home with a *huge* bottle of antiseptic spray, and I continue giving her the antibiotics (just in case they start working).

If they cannot find an effective antibiotic, or if the infection is in the bone, they will most likely have to amputate her leg. Yes, her leg might have to be removed. If that is the case, the vet is worried that Daisy may not be able to walk with only one leg, and I share that same concern. However, I am not giving up hope! Daisy and I are fighters and we are ready for whatever's to come.

I'm not going to lose hope in Daisy making a full recovery, but I'm also not going to get my hopes up completely either. I'm going to prepare myself for the worst, and I will just have to find a way to make Daisy a prosthetic leg, or possibly a "wheel chair". Like I said, Daisy is a fighter. She's doing much better with walking, so I hope she can fight off the infection.

Please, keep those fingers crossed and keep Daisy in your thoughts and prayers. And again, thank you so much. I will never forget how supportive you all have been, and I will always be grateful!

Oh gosh not something you wanted to hear, me either. I sure hope they can find an antibiotic that will help and that the infection isn't in the bone. I am sure you'll do all you can to get daisy through this. Sounds promising if she is able to walk some. I have seen where people have made wheel chairs for their ducks and geese. Hopefully it won't be needed.
What is the antibiotic they have her on now?

I sure will be praying for Miss Daisy

Back
Top Bottom