Butchering Cortunix Quail??

Answered my question. I also have quail, cortunix, valley, A&Ms, and blue scale in the incubator. Up to now I have never butchered them, only raised and sold them or their eggs. But I have been reading so much about how tasty
smile.png
they are that I think we are going to have to try it. I think only the cortunix though, couldnt bring myself to eat the valley or blue scale.

Quote:
Wonderful way to put the bird to use. Too bad we couldn't use our's for shrimp bait like AK..
hmm.png
I would love to trade my dead birds for yummy yummy shrimp.
lol.png

-Kim

LOL! Wish you could, too... just going to have to bring your quail up and fish for shrimpies in person.
wink.png
Nothing gets wasted...

I'm jealous. I _love_ seafood. I can't begin to say how thrilled I'd be if I could swap a Coturnix quail for a trap full of shrimp or lobster. Suddenly I wouldn't want to sell any quail at all for under $25
smile.png

We had a Cornish x Rock that died as a chick, and hubby suggested freezing it for their next trip out in the boat - they soaked the pot overnight and the poor little carcass was picked clean. The shrimp love it. Now any quail or chicks that pass on are kept for bait. And the shrimp up here are the size of small lobsters, too... fresh caught, wrapped in bacon and cooked over a fire...
tongue.png
drool.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

the shrimp up here are the size of small lobsters, too... fresh caught, wrapped in bacon and cooked over a fire...
tongue.png
drool.

*drool*
hit.gif

I might have to come stay with AK... I wonder if the airlines would be alarmed if I packed a bunch of dead birds...

-Kim​

Last edited:
Quote:
*drool*
hit.gif

I might have to come stay with AK... I wonder if the airlines would be alarmed if I packed a bunch of dead birds...

-Kim

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom