Butchering Cortunix Quail??

Because it'd take way too much effort for me to load up all of my things and birds and go across the street, let alone across the country
smile.png

Oh I wish I could come for a visit. I wouldn't have a problem bringing some Dorks either. I'm overrun with baby Dorks right now. LOL

-Kim

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
rant.gif

(j/k...sigh... I wish I had that problem!)
smile.png

You'll get them going eventually. I over-hatched because I was suppose to give this man 3 hens and some chicks, but never heard back from them. So, I'm going to grow these guys out and pick the best out of them for my winter laying flock and then eat or sell the rest. I cannot have this many chicks. They lay well, I hatched off of 3 hens this year and got plenty of chicks. So once you get your's laying and good to go, you'll get plenty of baby Dorks running around.

I got really, really lucky this year. Either that or the Dorking roo I used is worth a pretty penny. I had mostly pullets hatch with just a few males at the end. The first two or three hatches(20-30 eggs) I had maybe 3 cockerels hatch. I thought it was funny. I'm guessing my roo just didn't want to throw in that Y chrome. LOL. Not that I'm complaining in the least.

-Kim​

Quote:
Sorry to bring up an old post like this but, I too understand better with a visual....Wolf Kim, I searched youtube forever and couldn't find any videos. Maybe I'm not searching the right words...Do you happen to have links handy by chance? Thanks for any help.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom