6 Chicken Wings
4 cups Buttermilk
1 cup Hot Sauce Or Tabasco
@ 1 quart Canola or Peanut Oil, For Deep Frying
2 cups All-purpose Flour
2-3 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
½ cups Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Sea Salt, Plus More For Seasoning Chicken
1 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Pepper, Plus More For Seasoning Chicken And Buttermilk

The chicken begins with a wet buttermilk marinade followed by a dry batter and then the fry.

Season your chicken with salt and pepper and lay them across a baking pan. Combine the buttermilk, hot

sauce, and some more pepper together and pour evenly over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at

least 4-6 hours.

Once you’re ready to cook your chicken, add the canola oil to a large pot, reaching a temperature of

325ºF. (I highly encourage getting a deep fryer if you find yourself in the kitchen often. They’re inexpensive

and really easy to use.) In a separate dish, combine the flour, Old Bay Seasoning, corn starch, and salt

and pepper. Coat each piece of chicken with the flour mixture, lightly shaking off the excess.
Working in batches, add the chicken to the hot oil and fry for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown

and cooked through. Drain the pieces on paper towels

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like buttermilk but gonna have to try this. Can you use it on bonless skinless breast and legs,thighs also.
If you don't like buttermilk then you can substitute regular milk in marinade to help retain moisture and tenderness in chicken texture...i have done it with boneless too...adjust fry time since boned chicken takes a little longer to cook too.

Back
Top Bottom