Button quail colour???

Emmaxx

Songster
Apr 16, 2017
UK
Anyone know what colour my button quail might be? I know the yellow one will be white but I can't work out the other one, looking online I'm thinking possible some sort of cinnamon (maybe blue faced?) or some type of red breast but the pictures I find look a bit different to my untrained eye :D
Thanks in advance
[/IMG]

Thanks DK, colours are harder than I thought they were gonna be!
barnie.gif

The stripes on the back are a more copper colour I would say than the yellow described in that link, so looking around that site I'm now thinking maybe golden pearl....what do you think?

Here's another picture that shows a different angle and hopefully the colours a bit better, and well cos why not show them off
lol.png

ETA: the head is noticeably darker than the back markings tho it's hard to tell in this photo, if that has any relevance x

Last edited:
The shape of the markings makes me think it might be a tuxedo pied? Possibly cinnamon, though the coloring looks a little dark. All of that being said, based on the different chick identification charts I've looked at, it seems like there can be a lot of variation in the chick coloring within varieties (some cinnamon chicks have such light coloring they almost look straight yellow; some tuxedo pieds look more like they have solid black markings, some are light brown, etc.)

I was OBSESSED with trying to figure out what our three girls would look like when they were feathered out--our best guesses based on their chick markings ended up being pretty far off. In the end, I really enjoyed getting to watch their final markings slowly emerge with their big kid feathers
love.gif

Real cuties you've got there.

Yeah, it's a tough one ^^ Golden pearl is not impossible, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. After all, it doesn't take long for those little things to feather out. In 2 weeks we should have a better idea and in 5 we should know for certain - unless it's one of those really hard combination mutations..

The shape of the markings makes me think it might be a tuxedo pied? Possibly cinnamon, though the coloring looks a little dark. All of that being said, based on the different chick identification charts I've looked at, it seems like there can be a lot of variation in the chick coloring within varieties (some cinnamon chicks have such light coloring they almost look straight yellow; some tuxedo pieds look more like they have solid black markings, some are light brown, etc.)

I was OBSESSED with trying to figure out what our three girls would look like when they were feathered out--our best guesses based on their chick markings ended up being pretty far off. In the end, I really enjoyed getting to watch their final markings slowly emerge with their big kid feathers
love.gif

Real cuties you've got there.

I would LOVE a tuxedo, but thought that was just wishful thinking as most chick pics show a much greater distinction between the dark back and light body but I can keep hoping I suppose until the feathers come in! ;)

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom