Buying chicks and in the mail they go!

Jennifer319

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 26, 2014
Is there a resource that has a list of reputable places to buy chicks? It is shocking they survive the mail but I hear they do well with shipping.
Jennifer

Check out the forum on hatcheries, and feathersite has a hatchery list with comments also. I've ordered from MurrayMcMurray several times with good results, and from Meyers, and Eagles Nest and the Freedom Ranger site. Mt. Healthy has had problems with Salmonella more than once, this spring most recently. Mary

Thanks!!!!!! Will check it out and in looking the price is sooooo varied. Interesting.

If you happen to live within driving distance of a hatchery, it's worth checking that one out. For SQ purebreds, private breeders through breed clubs are the way to go, but as a starting chicken keeper, ordering several breeds that appeal to you from a hatchery will be fun. Mary

That I know of I am not near one but was looking at Delaware, Orpington and either Barred rock, Rhode Island Red or Plymouth Rock. I think by keeping calm somewhat nonbrooding girls who like to lay big eggs is the goal. Now will I get this???????? Who knows but as a newbie and I mean newbie it is a start based on others and reading.

Back
Top Bottom