Ended BYC’s Wildlife Photography Photo Contest

Pics
This guy was up by the house at the in-laws. he was fairly docile, you can see from his eyes he was about to shed and was just looking for a shady space. Scooped him up with a shovel and set him out in the wash and he went on his merry way.
20180701_193301.jpg

This guy was up by the house at the in-laws. he was fairly docile, you can see from his eyes he was about to shed and was just looking for a shady space. Scooped him up with a shovel and set him out in the wash and he went on his merry way.
View attachment 3147452
Your lucky to find this many snakes (In my opinion)! I have been trying to go herping (which is just the fancy reptile term for searching for reptiles and amphibians. Wikipedia puts it best: 'Herping is the act of searching for amphibians or reptiles. The term, often used by professional and amateur herpetologists, comes from the word "herp", which comes from the same Greek root as herpetology, herpet-, meaning "creeping".') for snakes- well, definitely not rattlesnakes, mainly just for garter snakes. Anyways, nice pictures!

Your lucky to find this many snakes (In my opinion)! I have been trying to go herping (which is just the fancy reptile term for searching for reptiles and amphibians. Wikipedia puts it best: 'Herping is the act of searching for amphibians or reptiles. The term, often used by professional and amateur herpetologists, comes from the word "herp", which comes from the same Greek root as herpetology, herpet-, meaning "creeping".') for snakes- well, definitely not rattlesnakes, mainly just for garter snakes. Anyways, nice pictures!
AZ has a lot of sneks. I prefer the ones who can't kill me, all things considered :)

Back
Top Bottom