BYC 2016 OTHER POULTRY TYPES CALENDAR - Pics Needed!

Pics
celebrate.gif
Yes! That's what I'm talking about!

Hey, think how much easier it would be to judge if you could have so many 'winners'!
(Although, I think everyone lucky enough to have any of these beautiful birds are winners.)

Then I could put pictures like this in as well other than just my adult two peafowl. Don't count these as my entering, I already entered two pictures earlier in this thread of my peafowl.

Yay, I finally made it up to date (now I am subscribed and can see them as they come in.)

@Nifty-Chicken Considering the quantity and quality of pics you are getting, maybe if you start in January and collect pics all through 2016, in 2017 you could release a large format coffee table book ($35 range) through Amazon open to the general public (a fund raiser for BYC). "The Best of BYC Picture Book". You have the membership to highlight every breed of chicken, every duck and goose and probably most other fowl. Submissions that get in the book get a free "golden feather" for the year or something so your costs other than production would be low, but it would still be a prize
wink.png
. I bet you could put out a book that would put the "professional" books to shame. I would think that your membership could make this endeavour a wash (I would buy one). And the public could make it a windfall!

Anyway, just an idea...

Wow, that's a fun idea! @sumi , what do you think?

We definitely have a lot of great pics from previous year calendars!

I also suggested note cards, but don't know if there would be a call for them.

Originally Posted by Miss Lydia

I think there might be, if I find note cards with Dachshunds on them I buy them so if I could buy note cards with Poultry on them I would.
My wife would probably use them. I do my notes on my phone.

This would fall under:
Poultry: other poultry: other poultry: other poultry: ok, not poultry

But it's one of the best pictures I have taken in my ducks' yard....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom